Recent Posts

ileanak
on 9/21/04 10:30 pm - San Antonio, TX
Topic: RE: Texas Diver Looking for New Friends
I haven't done the gardens yet either. Hopefully, when the hurricane season ends, we can get back in the water!
JoyCook
on 9/15/04 4:08 am - Little Rock, AR
I might just be interested in taking you up on that rig dive (assuming Ivan leaves any rigs out there!). My husband and I love diving, and I look forward to reducing or eliminating the lead! That has to make getting back into the boat a lot easier! LOL! We have talked about diving Flower Gardens, but have never done it. Joy
Danny Riggs
on 9/8/04 9:34 am - Houston, TX
Topic: Spruced, volume 2
Hey posting here as well to let everyone know my page has been spruced by the wonderful Rene! I think everyone here will enjoy it! ---D---
ileanak
on 9/2/04 10:30 pm - San Antonio, TX
Nancy, I think a WLS divers trip is an awsome idea! Although I lived in SoCal for 4 years, I never dove there. Do you dive in skins or a suit? I have to admit, I can dive through caves, but the idea of kelp gives me goosebumps..LOL. I would do it, though! I live near San Antonio, TX and want to go do an oil rig dive in the gulf coast.
nnealon
on 9/1/04 11:56 am - San Jose, CA
I live in California, and am post op. I just leared to dive, and certified 2 weeks ago. I would love a friend to chat with, and if you ever head out this way, I will be happy to take you diving. Maybe we can get a trip together sometime for all the WLS divers out there. Right now I dive in Monterey, and while the visibility isn't 80 feet, there are things here you can't see very many places, and diving in kelp is actually VERY beautiful. It's like swimming through a golden forest. Nancy
ileanak
on 9/1/04 1:49 am - San Antonio, TX
Hey there Danny, I live in Blanco (45 miles north of San Antonio). I too look forward to leaving all that lead on the dock My husband and I both love to dive, unfortunately, he tends to have ear problems, and spends quite a bit of time back on shore in a hammock while I take off in the dive boat. I have been trying to find other divers who would be interested in doing a rig dive in the coast.... probably in 2005. Stay in touch! RNY 7/8/04 - 38 lbs in 7.5 weeks
Danny Riggs
on 8/31/04 11:45 pm - Houston, TX
Topic: Texas Diver Looking for New Friends
Hey all you bubble makers! Texas Diver here in the Houston area. I am still pre-op but getting closer everyday. Would love to meet any other folks pre or post operative to chit chat about diving. Also, anyone in my area who likes to go make bubbles whenever they get the chance to and may need a buddy....fell free to give me a shout. I love diving and can't wait til I can do a ZERO LEAD dive!! Right now I hate having to use so much weight to get down. Actually, I hate draggin all that lead around topside to get to and from my dives Everbody take care and good vis to all!
Ameta H.
on 8/17/04 1:48 pm - Chatsworth, GA
Topic: RE: Old Salt Going Back to Sea
Hi Greg, I have been diving for several years, all of them as an obese female with a love of the ocean. I had my lap RNY 10/30/03 and have lost to date 156 pounds. I went diving back in June and it was a wonderful feeling not to need a boatload of weight to sink my fanny. I went to Little Cayman ( boy was it truly a divers paradise!! ) and found that even though I was in a 3mm wetsuit I was still cold. I have always been able to dive in nothing but a diveskin in the Carribean, not anymore. I also found that I needed to drink more water, as is common in diving, and had nowhere to put it without getting nauseated so I spent much of the trip dehydrated. I was in bed early every night (8:30pm) so that I would get enough rest to be able to make the morning dives. I will say that I did all 17 dives in those 5.5 days but I was sooooooooooooooooo tired that I don't know if I could have made another one. I am a hardcore diver, but the decrease in calorie intake that comes with WLS and the small pouch limiting the amount of water that I could drink at one time sure gave me a challenge. I can't wait to go again but I might not feel the need to do EVERY dive the next time.... then again maybe I will. I love it so much !! So you should definitely be looking forward to diving next summer, just know that your body may throw you a few curves. A.
Greg H.
on 8/17/04 9:57 am - Battle Creek, MI
Topic: Old Salt Going Back to Sea
I was A US Navy Diver back in the early 70's. My last Dive was a recreational Cozumel Island dive in the 1980s. Obesity took over and I stopped diving. I am on track for WLS probaly in October. One of dreams is to be able to do some recreational diving again. Maybe next summer!!
mako1120
on 8/9/04 3:41 am - Oakwood, GA
Topic: RE: Has anyone been diving po...
Hey Mimi, The trip was great, although the weather could have been a little better. We ended up sailing to Andros to dodge the wind. Great wall diving. Bruce went out on the boat with us this year and he told me tell you hello. He remembered you right off the bat. The food was fine except for breakfast and one dinner. Breakfast (except eggs and bacon morning) was usually bread such as pancakes or biscuits.. so I ate my beef jerky. Lunch was fine with sandwich meat or Tuna. The only dinner issue I had was with a Ravoli with seafood sauce. Our cook, John, was great and if I told him I couldn't eat a particular meal, he would show me what he had available (left over tuna fish, egg salad, cold cuts etc) and let me help myself to whatever and I ate alot of peanut butter. We did spear 42 lobsters on Tuesday. I was able to eat that with no problem!! Also, I lost 4 pounds over the last week. Probably because I drank so much extra water. I am now at 173 pounds. When I get the pictures downloaded I will email you some. Have a great day!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Scuba Board
2sailaway · 1 replies · 413 views
new to the board
celestia96 · 1 replies · 349 views
4 days out of G Y Bypass
zlynnc · 0 replies · 324 views
snorkeling question
kristyb · 3 replies · 393 views
how is it with everyone
ownop · 1 replies · 345 views