snorkeling question

kristyb
on 9/4/06 2:35 pm - Santa Ana, CA
I hope someone will be able to help me out. I am going to Hawaii in a couple weeks and we plan on going snorkeling. My friend was trying to practice with me in the pool (I am not much of a water person) and I can get myself to sink underwater or swim underwater. I think its because I am too fat still. Any suggestions? I know i can swim on the surface and still have a good time which is what I will have to do. I was just hoping to be able to do a little more than that. Any input is appriciated!
alsoto
on 9/11/06 3:23 pm - Lincoln, CA
Dear Kristy - Which island are you going to? My wife and I along with four of my boys went to Maui this past June and had a great time! The best way to sink is to practice what is csalled a Jack Knife dive. You bend your upper torso and kick your legs up and this usually will send you to the bottom fairly quickly.
kristyb
on 9/11/06 11:41 pm - Santa Ana, CA
We are going to Maui. I have never been and am getting more excited as each day passes Any reccommendations on what we need to make sure we do or see?
alsoto
on 9/12/06 1:06 am - Lincoln, CA
Dear Kristy: The best scuba diving and snorkeling is along the Kaanapali coastline. My wife and I own a timeshare at what is known as the Embassy Suites vacation Resort. The places to snorkel that are wonderful is the following: Black Rock: Southwest of Kahana. The water is clear and the entry is really easy. The fish will come right up to you. Very easy entry. Napili Cove: This is right at the Napili Point Resort. The cove is a little bit of a rocky entry but you will love the clarity of the water as well the opportunity to snorkel with the green seas turtles. Mile marker 14: This is a wonderful pace because the reef is right off shore. Lots of fish as well. For wonderful food that is good go to Longhis in Lahaina and split the egplant parmigiana or have a small piece of fish. You will noit be disappointed. You must go to Io needle and walk the gardens by the river. It is a very beautiful location. I hope you find this to be helpful.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Scuba Board
2sailaway · 1 replies · 410 views
new to the board
celestia96 · 1 replies · 347 views
4 days out of G Y Bypass
zlynnc · 0 replies · 323 views
snorkeling question
kristyb · 3 replies · 392 views
how is it with everyone
ownop · 1 replies · 343 views