Texas Diver Looking for New Friends

Danny Riggs
on 8/31/04 11:45 pm - Houston, TX
Hey all you bubble makers! Texas Diver here in the Houston area. I am still pre-op but getting closer everyday. Would love to meet any other folks pre or post operative to chit chat about diving. Also, anyone in my area who likes to go make bubbles whenever they get the chance to and may need a buddy....fell free to give me a shout. I love diving and can't wait til I can do a ZERO LEAD dive!! Right now I hate having to use so much weight to get down. Actually, I hate draggin all that lead around topside to get to and from my dives Everbody take care and good vis to all!
ileanak
on 9/1/04 1:49 am - San Antonio, TX
Hey there Danny, I live in Blanco (45 miles north of San Antonio). I too look forward to leaving all that lead on the dock My husband and I both love to dive, unfortunately, he tends to have ear problems, and spends quite a bit of time back on shore in a hammock while I take off in the dive boat. I have been trying to find other divers who would be interested in doing a rig dive in the coast.... probably in 2005. Stay in touch! RNY 7/8/04 - 38 lbs in 7.5 weeks
nnealon
on 9/1/04 11:56 am - San Jose, CA
I live in California, and am post op. I just leared to dive, and certified 2 weeks ago. I would love a friend to chat with, and if you ever head out this way, I will be happy to take you diving. Maybe we can get a trip together sometime for all the WLS divers out there. Right now I dive in Monterey, and while the visibility isn't 80 feet, there are things here you can't see very many places, and diving in kelp is actually VERY beautiful. It's like swimming through a golden forest. Nancy
ileanak
on 9/2/04 10:30 pm - San Antonio, TX
Nancy, I think a WLS divers trip is an awsome idea! Although I lived in SoCal for 4 years, I never dove there. Do you dive in skins or a suit? I have to admit, I can dive through caves, but the idea of kelp gives me goosebumps..LOL. I would do it, though! I live near San Antonio, TX and want to go do an oil rig dive in the gulf coast.
JoyCook
on 9/15/04 4:08 am - Little Rock, AR
I might just be interested in taking you up on that rig dive (assuming Ivan leaves any rigs out there!). My husband and I love diving, and I look forward to reducing or eliminating the lead! That has to make getting back into the boat a lot easier! LOL! We have talked about diving Flower Gardens, but have never done it. Joy
ileanak
on 9/21/04 10:30 pm - San Antonio, TX
I haven't done the gardens yet either. Hopefully, when the hurricane season ends, we can get back in the water!
nnealon
on 9/23/04 10:09 am - San Jose, CA
I dive in a 7mm wet suit..The water is 50 degrees in summer. Kelp is beautiful, it's like swimming through a golden forest... it's the color of amber, and when the sunlight streams through it...WOW!!!! Nancy
Alan N.
on 1/18/05 4:27 am - Corpus Christi, TX
Hello Danny, My name is Alan Norman. I live in Corpus Christi, Texas and I am an SSI Scuba Instructor. I am still pre op. So I am hoping for the Bypass soon. I teach Scuba for Ascuba Venture in Corpus. We run rig trips almost every weekend in the summer. Ascubaventure.com is their web site. I will be out of the saddle for a few months but will be diving again real soon. If you ever get down this way let me know. Alan
miztex
on 1/26/05 7:50 am - Pharr, TX
Alan, I am a diver from the Rio Grande Valley(McAllen) area. Just moved to the losing side 6 days ago. My husband can't dive(sinus damage) but I would love to dive the flower gardens with you. How about a South Texas WLS trip? My husband, a chef, will make delicious Bariatric treats for us! Lot's of protein and TASTE GOOD!! We would like to plan a trip in July or August. Warning: have been living in "Yankee land" for ten years and have not dived in that time. Land locked. I also will need new equipment since I am going to be a shadow of my former self. Perhaps you can help with that as well. When is your surgery date? Lou Ann Gramann [email protected]
Deanna L.
on 3/25/05 3:35 am - Lancaster, TX
Lou Ann I am in Dallas and I am a diver as well. I am game for a WLS dive trip to the Flower Gardens. I had the Lapband done almost a year ago and I love it. If it is every planned please let me know. Deanna [email protected]
Most Active
Recent Topics
Scuba Board
2sailaway · 1 replies · 409 views
new to the board
celestia96 · 1 replies · 346 views
4 days out of G Y Bypass
zlynnc · 0 replies · 322 views
snorkeling question
kristyb · 3 replies · 391 views
how is it with everyone
ownop · 1 replies · 343 views