Recent Posts

justpeachyw
on 12/7/08 10:12 am, edited 12/7/08 10:22 am - hope, IN
Topic: Exotic Feline Rescue Cener

In A Place In Center Point Indiana The Exotic Feline Rescue Center Provides a permanent home for abused, neglected, unwanted pets or for some reason has no where to live their lives.  We do not buy sell breed or trade, This is the home for over 190 beautiful Cats Such as, Tigers ,Lions,African sevals, ocelots,Leopards, Black Leopards,Pumas,and a Tigon.
It is open to the public. for more information you can visit exoticfelinerescuecenter.org

Shewolf
on 6/2/08 5:45 pm - Rusk, TX
Topic: RE: HELP!! FOUND ORPHAN STARLING CHICK!
First take it out from under the heating pad. Make a "nest" for it on top of the heating pad, put it in a carboard box and when you go to feed it tap on the cardboard box, after a while it will automatically open its mouth for you when you touch the box. When feeding a baby bird I usually use dry cat food that has been wet to the point of mush. You will need to feed the little critter about 6 times a day during daylight hours, they don't eat at night in the wild because their parents are roosting. I usually feed either out of a syringe or with a small baby spoon. When they get full they quit eating and usually go to sleep. If I can help you further email me at [email protected] Good Luck Shelia
savetheanimals
on 1/24/08 3:05 am
Topic: Help animals escape gas chambers - help achieve Atlanta's 1st NO-KILL!!
Please help - many entrants needed - JAN 31 deadline: www.shelterrescue.org - click on German shepherd in the corner of his cage - please tell everyone you know. We can help them win funding for a NO-KILL!!
rgparkw
on 1/17/08 6:08 am
Topic: Would you spend $10 to save their lives?
Would you spend $10 to spare their lives? Please watch our video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6K06sDDAZA They were scheduled to die last week.....15 other puppies were scheduled to die along with them..... Eleventh Hour Rescue Saved them all. We made a difference. You can too. Your $10 can save lives just like these poor innocent animals Please help us to help them Millions of animals just as adorable die every day in overcrowded shelters across the country. Help us help them..... 11th Hour Rescue is once again participating in a challenge being offered Six Degrees, partnered with the Case Foundation and Parade on America's Giving Challenge. The top 4 U.S. based charities that have the most unique donors through the America's Giving Challenge will receive $50,000 for their cause. We need the help of each and every one of you. The contest ends on January 31, 2008 at 3:00 pm eastern time so please hurry! If you have already donated, we thank you so much for helping us! We will never be too proud to beg on behalf of the animals..... PLEASE click on the link below and look for the ORANGE "DONATE" BUTTON: http://www.networkforgood.org/pca/Badge.aspx?BadgeId=108193 We also have the charity badge on our website www.ehrdogs.org ...just go to our website and click on the donate button located on the left side of the home page. We focus on rescuing wonderful companion animals from kill shelters and we are a 501c3, totally volunteer organization. Donations are tax deductible and all we need is a $10 donation made thru our charity badge to have a chance at $50,000. TEN DOLLARS is all we are asking for. The top four charities with the most number of donations will receive $50,000. Thank you in advance for any help you can give us and our rescued furkids. Please send this email to anyone and everyone you know and BEG them to join us in this challenge. Again, it's the number of donors who participate that will help us win. Your friends and family and THEIR friends and family are the key to success! Till all the cages are empty we will continue our work..... 11th Hour Animal Rescue, Inc. 973.664.0865 Tax ID: 30-0294525 Please forward to everyone you know...lives depend on it UPDATE WE NEED YOUR HELP NOW MORE THEN EVER! THE "BIG BOYS" ARE GAINING GROUND QUICKLY AND HAVE OUTPACED US OVER THE PAST TWO DAYS. THEY ARE THREATENING OUR STANDING IN THE TOP 4; WE ARE NOT SAFE. WITHOUT YOUR HELP WE MAY NOT WIN. AS A GRASSROOTS GROUP OF DEDICATED VOLUNTEERS WE HAVE LIMITED RESOURCES AND WE DEPEND ON EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT. MANY OF YOU HAVE BEEN KIND ENOUGH TO DONATE DIRECTLY TO EHR, AND YOUR GENEROSITY HUMBLES US WITH GRATITUDE. FOR THIS CONTEST HOWEVER, THE RULES REQUIRE THAT YOU DONATE VIA CREDIT CARD or Paypal DIRECTLY THROUGH OUR "CHARITY BADGE" ONLINE.
Chefjojo921
on 11/14/07 11:54 am
Topic: RE: purebred dachshund needing home
Hi Robin, Currently my wife and I have a five year old male tweeny who is very well trained. We are looking for a plymate for him. Can you tell me what you mean when you say you cant leave him? Does he tear your house or furniture up or does he go through seperation anxiety? Please let me know because we may be interested. Joe Berenato [email protected]
lou.crowley
on 10/15/07 5:00 am - UK
Topic: Greyhound Racing ? Who is the real winner?
For the greyhounds at least, it isn´t as simple as "first past the post". No matter how hard they try, how fast they run, ultimately they will be the losers. So who are the winners in this sport? The Winners! ? the greyhound industry as a whole, which generates enormous annual profits. ? The owners of the best registered dogs, who profit from prizes ? The registered dog owners who can sell the best dogs on to the independent sector, once they have no further use for them. The Losers! ? the puppies killed because they won´t make the grade as a racer. ? The thousands and thousands of greyhounds racing in the independent sector whose welfare is not regulated. ? The dogs kept in appalling, dirty, cramped conditions. ? The injured greyhounds, many of whom go untreated. ? The dogs abandoned or killed when they can´t run fast enough to win a race. How can you make a difference to the dogs, and help the greyhounds become the winners? Sign our petition on http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/stop-the-greyhound-slaughter . We are aiming for 20,000 signatures to present our protest to Governments around the globe in March 2008. And if you can afford to make a donation, please sign up on http://apps.facebook.com/causes/view_cause/18204 Better still, make one special dog a winner! Adopt a greyhound and you will gain a loyal and rewarding pet. Your dog will then be the ultimate winner with the best prize of all - a long and happy life!
lou.crowley
on 10/15/07 4:59 am - UK
Topic: First past the post, or past it?
Have you ever "bet on the dogs" or gone to a race track for an evening´s entertainment with your friends? If you have, I´m sure that you enjoyed a civilised and pleasant evening. But look carefully behind the "fun" image of this sport, and you´ll begin to uncover a sub-culture of abuse, cruelty and slaughter. There are over 30 race courses registered with the National Greyhound Racing (NGRC) in the UK, and the NGRC co-ordinates the registration of dogs, and acts as the judiciary and disciplinary body. Any dog racing on these registered tracks must be identifiable by a totoo, and kept with a registered trainer/ owner/ manager. However, there are currently also over 50 independent tracks, and dogs racing on these tracks have no protection, meaning that a huge slice of the lucrative racing sector is completely unregulated. Tha fastest dogs race on the regulated tracks, therefore when the fateful day comes and the dog is no longer " first past the post", it is either destroyrd or sold on to the independent sector. Here it may race for another year or two before, finally, worn out and deemed useless, the dog will be abandoned or killed. Consider the facts: -Unregulated, independent tracks are not required to have a vet present during racing events. -Injured dogs may wait for hours in pain before they are treated. -At the age of 4 or 5 , whee their racing career is over, many greyhounds are slaughtered. -In the UK alone 40,000 greyhounds are needlessly slaughterd each year. -Young dogs who do not make the grade will not even live to see their first birthday. They will be destroyed. -A slow or injured dog is not a profitable dog. Favourite disposal methods include drowning, beating the dog to death, poison, shooting, starvation and abandonment. -Many abandoned dogs die in traffic accidents, as they wander, hungry and bewildered, after being dumped. Many will simply starve to death. Don´t these gorgeous, elegant creatures deserve more after running for our "entertainment"? Here´s how you can help. Sign our petition on http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/stop-the-greyhound-slaughter . We are aiming for 20,000 signatures to present our protest to Governments around the globe in March 2008. And if you can afford to make a donation, please sign up on http://apps.facebook.com/causes/view_cause/18204 The greyhounds thank you from the bottom of their hearts!
colby06
on 7/8/07 10:10 am
Topic: HELP!! FOUND ORPHAN STARLING CHICK!
:-o I don't know what to do with it... right now i have it under a heating pad and i have force-fed it some wet cat food.... NOW WHAT? how do i know how much to give it?
nickdej
on 1/23/07 6:09 am
Topic: Lost Dogs! Big Reward!
HUGE Reward offered for missing dogs. 1. Labradoodle White Male "Jack" White 1. Standard Poodle White Female "Jan" (Jannie, January Rose) 1. Labradoodle Female White "Rain" 1. Yellow Labradore Retriever Male "Tucker" Taken from a home in august 2006 and ended up in rescue in the Arlington, Alexandria DC area. All have been neutered and spayed. There family misses them, please help! BIG BIG BIG Reward! 540-327-5222
Ymor
on 12/31/06 5:36 am
Topic: Unique new book dedicated to animal rescue!
Hi everyone I am excited to announce the publication of a new and unique book dedicated to the animal rescue/humane education cause that everyone should be aware of! It is a realistic and "human" view of what it really means to "live the rescue life," straight from those who do so everyday. It includes more than fifty individuals who share their rescue life, experiences, thoughts, views, wisdom and much more in the hope that this look inside their world will begin to lead to change for all. As well, it includes a reference section and much more insightful writing. This book is perfect for fundraising, humane education, online and standard stores, libraries, or even as a gift for someone who may think themselves an animal lover, but not understand thier contribution to the problems. Please take the time to visit http://www.animalloversbook.com for more information and pass it on! Thank you:)
Most Active