Recent Posts

avidreader
on 5/11/11 9:12 am - Cary, NC
Topic: RE: They opened me up, took a look, and closed me
I know you are disappointed, but trust Dr. Enochs - he is a wonderful surgeon and will do what is best for you.  Life moves very quickly these days for me so you will be back in surgery before you know it!!!!  Life is good!

Highest/Surgery/Current/Goal
250/241/139.5/125
I have a new philosophy, I'm only going to dread one day at a time.  Charlie Brown
sylvan
on 5/11/11 5:46 am
Topic: They opened me up, took a look, and closed me
I had surgery scheduled for late Monday.  They actually called me in early, around 2:30.  I talked with the doctor and they put me to sleep.  The next thing I know, they're telling me that they couldn't perform the surgery.  They got in there and my liver was too big.  They said they could have done an open surgery but with all my previous surgeries they weren't sure whether or not I was filled with scar tissue.  They said the best thing to do would be to close me up, do the liver diet for a month, and then try surgery again.  We're going to try again on the 27th of June. 
jenna F.
on 5/11/11 5:01 am
Topic: RE: Bariatric surgeons in NC
 I had Tricare Prime when I had my RNY and I used Chapel Hill, Dr. Farrell. He is an awesome doctor and still almost 10 years out I can still call and talk to him and get health advice
Sunshine4u77
on 5/10/11 11:07 pm - Greensboro, NC
Topic: United Health Care and at&t policy
I was wodering if you or anyoe you  know works for at&t and has United Health Care PPo as an insurer and has had wls?
ibeanniebe
on 5/10/11 10:08 pm - NM
Topic: RE: Hump Day Roll Call
Take a look at Camp Bow Wow. They are good with all dogs and they provide more out of kennel time than most other boarding facilities and their fees are all inclusive for things like special feeding instructions, meds, etc. I am sure there is one in Chapel Hill but there may be one in Durham as well. I just checked and there is one in Durham.
www.campbowwow.com/us/nc/durham/Home/tabid/2372/Default.aspx

Ann and the 'Bean'
Blogs mysecondhalfoflife.blogspot.com/ and amanicinsomniacsreadinglist.blogspot.com/

High/Surg/current/goal - 320/253/150/healthy - I am 5' 3" tall - Size 8 now! Past surgeon's goal now!

shoutjoy
on 5/10/11 8:52 pm - Culpeper, VA
Topic: Hump Day Roll Call
Hi all,

It is amazing how much things cost these days.  I wonder how folks are surviving with gas guzzler cars and huge houses to heat/cool. 

I am getting used to my empty house.  It's going to look small once everything gets moved in.

Today I need to find shoes to go with my dress for the wedding.  I also have to see if I can get earrings in my ears. It's been awhile.  I just hope we get all moved in before we have to fly out to CA. Oh, just realized I need to make a boarding appointment for my dog.  Who do you all use in the Durham area??

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

tbl2008
on 5/10/11 9:55 am - Greenville, NC
Topic: RE: Terrific Tuesday Roll Call
Sorry about your stuff. Sadly I've heard many movers doing this in recent years. Our did that do us but only by $100. We didn't tip because of it.

As for the scale, I'm seeing improvement each week and I'm so grateful for that!
285/204/199 starting/current/goal weight
Minayun
on 5/10/11 8:11 am - NC
Topic: Bariatric surgeons in NC
Hi,
Does anyone know of a bariatric surgeon in NC, who takes the insurance Tricare Prime?
Barbara C.
on 5/10/11 6:37 am - Raleigh, NC
Topic: RE: Does anyone want a Durham group?

Hey Ann,

I'm really praying that you two get offers from all three and are able to pick the cream of the crop. Of course, I want the cream of the crop to be the RTP position, but that's just because we'd love to continue to have your input, support and friendship.

Please keep us in the loop and let us know what you find out.

You are in my prayers,

Barbara
ObesityHelp Coach and Support Group Leader
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/bcumbo_group/
High-264, Current-148, Goal-145

FatGuyInALittleCoat
on 5/10/11 1:39 am, edited 5/10/11 1:40 am - New Orleans
Topic: RE: anyone here with a vsg?
Hi there. VSG'er here in the western part of the state. I see you're in Scotland Neck... that's way down east. You're right about VSG not seeming very common around here yet, but I think that's changing as more doctors start performing the procedure and more patients become informed of all of their options.

I emailed a couple local bariatric surgeons after I decided I wanted the VSG, and you would've thought I was an alien with lightning bolts shooting out of my eyes. They had extremely limited experience w/ the procedure and the cost was very high. Doesn't make alot of sense, huh? I even asked about support group meetings, and was told all of the information was tailored towards RNY patients. I don't have anything against RNY'ers, and I know alot of the same information pertains to both groups, but it made me feel like I shouldn't waste my time even going.

Good luck w/ your new endeavor here & congrats on your success thus far.

Current weight: 170 lbs.

Once I reach goal, this cow will be killed & eaten... 2 ounces at a time.

Total includes 56 lbs. lost on 2-month low carb pre-op diet.  Start date 9/13/10.

Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 585 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1624 views
12 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 1308 views
Raleigh area doctors
ncgoaliemom · 0 replies · 1651 views
NC Forum
Sheryl28518 · 0 replies · 2682 views