Recent Posts

ibeanniebe
on 5/12/11 5:50 am - NM
Topic: RE: Thrifty Thursday Roll Call
Looks like NM is my next new home possibly. DH has a face to face in NM with Intel. They have already sent him his travel stuff and he is to be there for three days next week. I checked out the Community College already and they have a human nutrition degree program. So even though it will slow my studies down (I can only take 6 units at a time for the first year there until residency is established) I can still get a degree that I am completely interested in before trandferring to 4 year. In fact an AA in human nutrition would have been my first choice if it had been available here. Must be meant to be. I have to leave all my good friends behind here but I know I can do okay in NM so yes good things are happening.
Ann and the 'Bean'
Blogs mysecondhalfoflife.blogspot.com/ and amanicinsomniacsreadinglist.blogspot.com/

High/Surg/current/goal - 320/253/150/healthy - I am 5' 3" tall - Size 8 now! Past surgeon's goal now!

Band to DS
on 5/12/11 1:23 am, edited 2/4/12 3:05 am
Topic: RE: Please help me navigate through Duke's WLS program

Unfortunately, I had to delete this post due to privacy concerns.

Got a lap band in 2008. Tried hard, but didn't lose much weight & developed swallowing problems. Fought my insurance company for almost a year & finally had a band to DS revision on 5/11/12. Have now lost 125 pounds. Yay!

shoutjoy
on 5/12/11 12:16 am - Culpeper, VA
Topic: RE: Does anyone want a Durham group?
Hi,

They meet 3rd Saturday of each month and the DS group meets on the 2nd Saturday of each month so a weekday meeting will probably work.  I am going to be looking for a location soon.

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

maggiet
on 5/11/11 11:59 pm - Durham, NC
I'd be able to do weekedays at 7pm or 6:30pm at the earliest, except for Thursdays. I l**** the idea of it eing on alternating weeks. When does the other support group meet? Do they do weekday evenings or weekends or what?
shoutjoy
on 5/11/11 8:15 pm - Culpeper, VA
Topic: Update on Durham Support Group
Hi all,

Getting some interest in wanting a Durham group.  It looks like we MAY be able to use a room in the Library.  I saw there are three libraries in Durham so I will check them out.  What I need from you all is dates and times you would want to meet.

shoutjoy
on 5/11/11 7:38 pm - Culpeper, VA
Topic: Thrifty Thursday Roll Call
Hi all,

I think it is going to be a glorious day!  I feel something good is going to happen.  I send all the positive happy vibes your way!

Today is a few errands and that is pretty much it. 

shoutjoy
on 5/11/11 7:36 pm - Culpeper, VA
Hi,

I need to do some research on possible locations to have it.  I also will need to get some feedback from all of you as to the day and time you want to meet.

maggiet
on 5/11/11 1:12 pm - Durham, NC
Topic: RE: Please help me navigate through Duke's WLS program
Hi, I'm with Dr. Sudan as well. Have you talked with Shelia Peeler, his nurse? I've been antsy and have called a good number of times to ask about my status. It may not have gotten me in more quickly but it was good to know more about the process and she helped me. Just my two cents. Her number is 470-7017.
Maggie
maggiet
on 5/11/11 1:03 pm - Durham, NC
Do let me know if you start a Durham group. I'd be interested. My surgery is June 3rd and I live here in wonderful Durham. I've not gone to a support group and this is my first step into the forums and chat groups. An actual group would be lovely. I've already run into a wall; I'd love to have someplace to meet or someone(s) to call.
Maggie

Kermit P.
on 5/11/11 11:11 am
Topic: RE: They opened me up, took a look, and closed me
This must have been so disappointing!  I wish you the best of luck with your pre-surgery diet and hopefully the next month will go by fast!

Good luck!
HW/232       CW/145.2       GW/???
Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 593 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1630 views
12 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 1314 views
Raleigh area doctors
ncgoaliemom · 0 replies · 1658 views