Terrific Tuesday Roll Call

shoutjoy
on 5/9/11 8:16 pm - Culpeper, VA
Hi all,

We are finally into the house. It's almost empty but at least we are in it.  Things went nuts with the movers and they are holding our stuff hostage until they get their $3060+ instead of the $2200 they quoted us!  We seriously need some legal advice on this one.

So, how are you all doing?

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

ibeanniebe
on 5/10/11 12:45 am - NM
You do need some help with the mover issue. I am pretty sure they can't hold your things hostage especially since they will also be adding storage fees on top of what they are already trying to charge you. I would call maybe Clark Howard's show for advice. His website is www.clarkhoward.com/s/cac/ He has a help line that is available all the time and its free. They help with exactly this kind of stuff.
Ann and the 'Bean'
Blogs mysecondhalfoflife.blogspot.com/ and amanicinsomniacsreadinglist.blogspot.com/

High/Surg/current/goal - 320/253/150/healthy - I am 5' 3" tall - Size 8 now! Past surgeon's goal now!

tbl2008
on 5/10/11 9:55 am - Greenville, NC
Sorry about your stuff. Sadly I've heard many movers doing this in recent years. Our did that do us but only by $100. We didn't tip because of it.

As for the scale, I'm seeing improvement each week and I'm so grateful for that!
285/204/199 starting/current/goal weight
Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 593 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1630 views
12 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 1314 views
Raleigh area doctors
ncgoaliemom · 0 replies · 1659 views
NC Forum