Gas

mymaluv
on 2/21/12 10:45 am
Hi everyone,  I have a question.  I have been walking outside but every time I start walking I get gas really bad out of both ends. After I am done walking I have gas so bad.  I walk in the morning before I eat.  The gas hurts so bad. Is this normal to get gas because of exercise. I walk about 6 miles a day in the morning some times I do walk a little more but the gas hurts so bad and I don't have gas when I start walking
Ladytazz
on 2/21/12 3:07 pm
I doubt the exercise is causing the gas.  More likely the exercise is moving the gas around.  I know that walking helps me expell excess gas and makes me more comfortable.
Could you be lactose intolerant?  That could cause case problems.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Stacey N.
on 2/21/12 8:23 pm - Chesapeake, VA
Im with Tazz on this one, the walking should be moving it around, Check what you are eating, talk to your Dr. May be time for nexium or something like that.
Price S.
on 2/21/12 8:45 pm - Mills River, NC
i have gas all the time.  It seems worse when I am out walking around but I don't notice it when I am working out in the pool, funny.  Just let me walk through Walmart and I have to find the bathroom or an empty aisle.  Mine doesn't hurt but I am 1.5 yrs out.  I think it is that the walking makes it move, not that it causes it.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Panda ..
on 2/22/12 3:53 am
You don't notice it when you're working out in the pool.

I don't know why, but that statement just had me rolling with laughter. Thanks for the chuckle.

Duodenal Switch 3/09
HW 255/GW 150/LW 119/122

Price S.
on 2/22/12 4:35 am - Mills River, NC
I guess you had mental images of bubbles rising to the top.  Yeah. 

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

glzgowlass
on 2/22/12 5:22 am - VA
RNY on 09/14/11 with
You know who has gas?  My personal trainer!  She was demonstrating an excercise on the ball and let one fly -which I think was uncalled for- because then I had to get down to do the excercise right where she quiefed!

HW: 218, SW: 204, CW: 139 GW: 112-119

Lee ~
on 2/24/12 12:41 am - CA
OMG Price, you have me cracking up about finding an empty aisle!!

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

seaview
on 2/23/12 12:05 am
 Do you RNY folks take gas-ex? is it allowed..or does it not address the issue...it's an otherwise harmless drug...I think you should take it first thing in the morning and break up the gas...sounds like it's stuck up in there..are you constipated in the morning? perhaps if you ate in the morning and then pooped..the gas would move through better...just thinkin out loud...oh well...good luck...but gas ex is the best...they have little sheets you just pop in your mouth...instant relief...I have been skiing all day this week and farting away merrily on my way down the slopes...probably knocking out the folks uphill from me...but oh well....LOL...SEAVIEW
mymaluv
on 2/23/12 11:10 am
I have tried it all gas-x and  the one that starts with a P I don't drink milk or eat before I walk or after.  It just hurts so bad.  I keep gas-x on hand just in case it might help. Someone told me to eat mustard and it worked of a few and then it came back lol
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 300 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 427 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 487 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 506 views