The BEST snorkeling from the BEACH!

BeckyM
on 12/5/05 6:39 am - Up North, WI
Where have you been that you can just snorkel from the beach and see amazing underwater life? I want to take my family somewhere. We went to the Cayman Islands a few years back and stayed at a condo on Seven Mile Beach and the snorkeling was AMAZING right from the beach. About 25 yds out there was a sunken ship and everything. We taught our son who was 5 at the time to swim and snorkel there and he LOVED it. I want to try somewhere different. Do you have any ideas on resorts or condos somewhere in the Carribean that this is possible? Thanks Becky
Kim S.
on 1/17/06 8:28 am - North of Boston, MA
There is some awesome snorkelling right off the beach along Grace Bay on Providenciales in the Turks and Caicos Islands. We actually stay on one of the smaller islands (Pine Cay) but I've heard people talk about snorkelling right off the beach and how awesome it is. The snorkelling and diving in general is great there. Kim
pattilca
on 1/24/06 11:49 am - South River, NJ
Some of the nicest and most economical snorkeling and diving I have found is in Mexico. South of Cancun in the Riveria Maya - towns like Akumal and Tulum have very close reefs off the beach. We saw 4-6' sea turtles laying eggs on the beach and swimming in the water. We also saw rays and big parrotfish. There are also some local ecoparks with great inlets for snorkeling. There is also snorkeling in local cenotes or fresh water sinkholes filled with all sorts of fish you would find in your tropical fish aquarium....swordtails, guppies, etc. If you want an even more fantastic experience there is snorkeling with Whale Sharks in NE Mexico and trips can be planned with dive operators in Playa del Carmen (north of Akumal, and south of Cancun)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Scuba Board
2sailaway · 1 replies · 409 views
new to the board
celestia96 · 1 replies · 346 views
4 days out of G Y Bypass
zlynnc · 0 replies · 322 views
snorkeling question
kristyb · 3 replies · 391 views
how is it with everyone
ownop · 1 replies · 342 views