What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 4/3/24 2:07 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Morning and Happy Hump Day! We're half way there!

Guess what? Today marks 8 years since Grim and I started dating. And, fun fact, this is probably only the 6th time that I have actually remembered without him reminding me. Yep, I am quite a catch. I hope he knows that even though I am flighty and accidentally leave a trail of disasters behind me wherever I go, I truly love him with all my heart :)

Yesterday's day of marathon meetings was a total bust. I got stood up by 5 out of 7 people. No cancelations--just me sitting on zoom... waiting. Ugh. Needless to say, yesterday was boring AF and completely pointless. I really pray that doesn't happen with my 8 meetings today.

QOTD: Have you tried any other weight loss support forums? Other websites or social media? When I had my revision from the band to RNY I tried Bariatric Pal for a hot minute but it was not an active group. It was a whole bunch of people begging for a WLS buddy before they had surgery but then it didn't seem like anyone came back. I've never tried any of the groups of FB because I have heard scary things about the misinformation that floats around there.

Accountability: 100% on plan all day until a piece of chocolate jumped into my mouth at the end of the night.

• protein coffee
  • egg bites
  • mushroom spinach artichoke tortellini
  • cucumber & babybel
  • anniversary dinner out - tbd. Probably fish tacos!
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

White Dove
on 4/3/24 2:19 am - Warren, OH

I belonged to one for a few years. It became a total push for the owner to sell her protein powders.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Melody P.
on 4/3/24 2:46 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin y'all!

Not a lot going on today. We may go to Sam's but other than that probably a lot of nothing and I am ok with that.

I don't know if I pinched a nerve or what but my right shoulder and neck hurt like hell. The T4's are helping but it's still rather painful. To say I am annoyed is an understatement. thankfully I can still do chainmaille without pain. I need to make some stuff to earn some extra cash.

I went a little overboard with Rachel's bday stuff. I don't mind though. I always do for the kids. I also bought my mom's Mother's Day present. If you remember that huge wildfire I mentioned in my area there was a porcupine that was found severely injured. She will lose all of her quills, her claws and she had burns all over. She won't be able to be released back into the wild so she is becoming an ambassador for the wild life rehabilitation center that's taking care of her. They had a fundraiser with tshirts and my mom wanted one. They named her cinder and she has stolen many a hearts.

QOTD: I have and for many years. When I was around 18 or 19 I joined Rosie O'Donalds website. When it closed we migrated to another site. It eventually went bust too so I made a forum that lasted a good 10 years before the hosting company went bust. Now we're on Facebook groups. I've known them over 20 years and I met my late best friend there. I went to Edmonton, Canada to meet with about 8 of them. I value my relationships with them very much. I have tried other WLS things but it was always so preachy and condescending.

B: chicken...it's what sounded good lol. Coffee and cheese

L: not sure on this one

D: shrimp rolls and some stir fried veggies

S: eggs, ricotta cheese with some Italian herb crackers.

Have a great day everyone!

Partlypollyanna
on 4/3/24 4:11 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and happy midweek! Happy date-a-versatility to you and Grim!

I have two meetings before my flight and thanks to Murphy, this is the flight I am randomly deselected for pre check and lots of spring break travel warnings so I'm headed to the airport to do my meetings before I go through security and that way I won't have any timing issues. I have done my workout and got all my assigned active minutes, had all the allotted coffee too. I am definitely winning Wednesday!

qotd - nope. I am not a joiner

accountability - yesterday was hectic and I skipped lunch, didn't get enough water and the had a personal sized home run inn frozen pizza for dinner and the was way too full all night

menu today

coffee x3

left over ham

cheese stick/protein bar

dinner is atMeat U Anywhere and I will either have the turkey or maybe the German sausage. Hoping someone wants to share the corn and jalapeño Mac and cheese sides with me

have a wonderful wednesday

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Grim_Traveller
on 4/3/24 5:36 am
RNY on 08/21/12

I want to go to Meat U Anywhere!

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Partlypollyanna
on 4/3/24 5:50 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I do love a meat by the pound kind of place

Jen

Amy Liz
on 4/3/24 8:14 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Brisket all the way! YUM!! Enjoy!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Teenie
on 4/3/24 7:19 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Smoked Turkey is so yummy. I like it with bacon and ranch. I did look at the menu and I would have a hard time choosing. Good luck with that.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Dcgirl
on 4/3/24 4:45 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Awww happy anniversary, you both! I know Grim loves your havoc-wreaking, cupboard-opening, miniature dervish self! You two are the absolute cutest. I'm so happy that fate brought you together! (Almost as happy as Ham Cat!)

Qotd: nope, this is it for me. Fun fact, it was Grim, who was very active on here, who made me believe RNY could work for me. I saw his impressive weight loss and it gave me a glimmer of hope! (Since I had a high starting weight)

I have a fancy dinner out tonight with friends for a friends birthday. The restaurant is a complete waste for me - it's a set 7 course meal and I don't eat more than half the things on the menu plus I don't eat that much, but I'm going for the laughs and the company!

B: boars head turkey and goat cheese

L: Spanish tortilla de patatas from Trader Joes - it's soooo delicious and I have it with peri-peri sauce

D: bites of things at Vermilion in Alexandria VA

Have a most wonderful middle day of the week' stay dry out there!

Partlypollyanna
on 4/3/24 5:53 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I would eat the buns, the carrots and the cheese.

Jen