Found my way back!

Jani
on 2/23/12 1:25 am - Interlochen, MI
Wow, it's been forever since I've been here.  I found my way back, but don't know how long I'll stay.  It's been two and a half years since my surgery and I'm still doing well.  I spend a lot of time on facebook with other OH people. I got a lot of support from this site and am very grateful for it.  I'm thinking that coming back will maybe help me stay on track.  I can eat anything and everything without any problems which is a problem in itself.  I've always had trouble with self control and it's coming back.  I don't want to exercise either.  I'm maintaining my weight loss tho, so that's good.  I'm starting to use fitday.com again to track my food intake because my sugar levels have gone up.  I certainly don't want to have to go back to taking medication or shots again for diabetes.  I figure if I start reading other people's ideas it might help me again.  I sure hope so.

It is what it is.
If He brings you to it, He'll bring you through it...

Eileen Briesch
on 2/23/12 7:39 am - Evansville, IN
Jan, good to see you again. I don't exercise either, but I'm hoping to get into the pool once the weather warms up (for good) here. I just can't do much other than water walk or swim because of my knees.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Margo M.
on 2/23/12 10:50 am - Elyria, OH
hi! i think you know that i am eating anything that is not nailed down right now due to the steroids of my chemo regimen so i am not able to help ya!

when i had to drink the "stuff" before my CT scans the gal thought i was worried about calories when i asked her about sugars in the "stuff"--heck no! i DO still dump on more than 5 grams...if it were not for that i probly would have regained everything that i lost!!!!

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White

Nancy H.
on 2/23/12 9:24 pm - Traverse City, MI
Margo, good see you here. Know you are in my prayers every day. My chemo had to be changed as I got really bad side effects from what they gave me. So far the new stuff is ok. Nan
Margo M.
on 2/26/12 12:20 pm - Elyria, OH
Nan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White

Jo W.
on 2/23/12 5:35 pm - Owosso, MI
Another old friend back!    A couple more have been posting again!  I enjoy hearing how everyone is doing!  
Jani
on 2/25/12 12:14 pm - Interlochen, MI
How are you doing, Jo?  Still in Owosso I see.  My son is still living in Durand and I get down there every couple of months.  They're due with their second baby in May so I'll be down there again.  Are you still fostering?  Hope things are going well for you.
It is what it is.

Patricia R.
on 2/23/12 9:21 pm - Perry, MI
 Hi there,
Welcome back.  I hope you'll stay.  I get a lot of support here.  I have been here less than a year.  I used to be more active on the Pennsylvania forum.  I still check in there regularly, but love this place too.

I have good days and not so good days with the food.  Thankfully, more good than bad.

Please stick around.  '

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Nancy H.
on 2/23/12 9:21 pm - Traverse City, MI
Jani, glad to have you back. I don't post much anymore, as I have been sick. Hope we can get together soon. Nan
Jani
on 2/25/12 12:11 pm - Interlochen, MI
Hope you're feeling better soon, Nan  We should make plans to meet for lunch or something.  Doesn't have to be in TC...

It is what it is.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 384 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1185 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1194 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1130 views