Found my way back!

Connie D.
on 2/24/12 3:08 am
Hello Jan...so nice to see you on OFF again!!

Hope you stay around and join in with us ! 

You have been missed!

HUGS....connie d

Mag (Marguerite) P.
on 2/24/12 11:49 pm - Green Valley, AZ
Hi Jani,
     Nice to meet you. I've been using this forum for about 8 months. I'm 1 year out from surgery. Doing well. Not losing pounds right now but the inches are melting away. I find tracking is sooo important for me. Being honest about my food keeps me focused.

Mag

pineview01
on 2/26/12 8:20 am - Davison, MI
Hi Jani!  glad to see you are doing good.  I got an e-mail today reminding me it is my 3 year anniversary.  Not a happy day for me as after one good year I had medical issues with the band.  They are on going and the primary wants it out,  the center wants me to drag it out and I don't see any poitive support coming my way.  Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

Glad things are going well your way.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Jani
on 2/26/12 8:31 am - Interlochen, MI
I was in Davison a couple of weekends ago, but only for a couple of hours!  Should have looked you up.  have you considered having a revision to RNY?  Have they removed your restrictions or are you still getting fills as needed?  I've no regrets having the RNY, but I guess I've been lucky, because I've not had any problems whatsoever.  In fact, I wish I had the dumping problems, because I can eat anything and everything without trouble, as long as I don't eat TOO much of it.  I'm working on my willpower, but as usual, I'm losing that battle.  Luckily I know when to quit eating!
Take care and I hope things get better for you.
Jan
It is what it is.
If He brings you to it, He'll bring you through it...

pineview01
on 2/26/12 10:55 am - Davison, MI
I still have the band in place with 5 cc in a 10cc band.  I had almost 9 at one time.  That can't put any more in or I throw up.  I was looking into a sleeve but the insurance won't pay for it yet.  Also the people at the center are saying as so long has gone by I need to start over with all pre=req.  They can't even see all problems where medical and none of my doing.  It is so bad they did a 18mo check-up when I went in for medical issues at 24 mo.  They don't have a clue as to the medical issues even with the records in front of them.  So frustratiing.  But, at least I'm able to help others not make the same mistakes and help them fight fot the care and options they are able to get.

My daughter is 18 months out and at what I would call op wieght (of course she would like to be less)  My younger sister is only a couple months out but is in better shap than I ever was.  Now I can only try helping people to not make the band mistake that I and EVERYONE I personally know from our center have made.  The personal at the center have even admitted the sleeve is way better than the band.

So glad to hear you are doing so good with the RNY.  Keep up the good work!  Look me up if you get back to Davison. 

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 398 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1199 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1208 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1146 views