Wonderful Wet Wednesday

Monica B.
on 9/6/11 6:33 pm - Emery, SD
Morning all....sober 311 days and so proud of me.
Awoke before 4, HUGE Tstorm going on. Yoda cuddled so tight.
Busy day ahead, off to Bay Pines for hubby, dental visit. He is still hurting from chiropracter visits. The VA medical center is about an hour travel north, confusing directions to get there and major parking problems. OCDing a bit.
Wishing all a great day. Monica

karen C.
on 9/6/11 7:03 pm - Kennewick, WA

Monica,

Breathe deep, give yourself plenty of time to get there, take directions in multiple forms if possible (mapquest and Garmin for instance). If you can pick your time,  travel when it's NOT the heaviest traffic.

I live in a smaller eastern Washington town. Every time we get over Snoqualmie Pass headed down toward the Seattle area Mike and I both get anxious. It's hard enough driving in an unfamiliar area, but it seems like it changes just about every time we make the trip either with road construction, an accident, a detour, SOMETHING!

It's hard to make a "get there" decision with traffic in front, in back, on each side, driving like bats out of HELL, and four lanes. Seems like I'm always on the wrong side of the freeway. I try to just get in a middle lane and hang on!

If you screw up rather than doing something dangerous just go to the next exit and try to collect yourself.

Oops, you didn't ask for any of this. This is the kind of self talk I give myself. Boy, Monica, we could really work ourselves into a "tizzy" as Mom would say if we were together couldn't we?

Hope your day goes smoothly. That traveling bra and your OFF sisters in your pocket will help to make it so. Hugs, my friend.

I'm feeling better each day. Incisions are still very sore and swollen but the swelling in my legs is FINALLY starting to get better. I'm going to the bathroom more often so I think that's a sign that the fluid is being eliminated.

I hope to get out of the house on my own for an hour or two today. I'm down to 4 pain pills per day. I'll not take a pill before I get out and not get on the highway. Even wandering around Walmart (.5 miles away) sounds wonderful. And Home Depot is right be Walmart and they are selling out all of their plants. Might find some perennial "deals."

Hope you all have a good day.

Karen C

ShirleyG
on 9/6/11 7:40 pm - HALFWAY BETWEEN ATLANTA AND BHAM , AL
Hi Monica and Karen and all you lovely ladies to follow
Congrats Monica , you can do this :) .Karen , your sounding right on key as to healing.   I did the same way but I had to go back to work after a week .   I made it but it was a tough thing.
Today it is cooler here.   It was 58 this am and I feel fall in the air .    I know it wont last and think the heat will come back but sure is nice for the moment .
Not much going on here ,,,just work for which i am thankful .  I dont have family that lives close nor does my honeybun and I hate that ., His live in another state too .
I so wish I did .   My only surviving son lives in Calif and my other son that lived here passed away unexpectedly  2 years ago  and it makes it hard .
I plan on moving to where my sisters and brothers and mom live when I retire but that is a few years off still .
I do know they say that your family can be who you choose but that isnt always the same ..
Enough of that pitter , lol , how are all you lovely ladies today ?   I hope yoru well.
Pat , dont sweat the men who dont realize a PRIZE when they type to it . I can bet GOD is looking out for you and will send the right one along when he thinks your ready ..
Have a safe blessed day ladies and hope you all will be filled with JOY today
Hugs
Shirley
seasheleyes
on 9/6/11 7:57 pm - Manteca, CA
Good Morning Monica- and Karen too! I'm going to sleep for a few more hours, but then I have my oral surgery. My daughter is taking me and she has to wait in the waiting room until I'm ready to go home. I guess they don't want me stranded there for any reason! I'm anxious of course...
I spent 2 hours after work at my Mom's house. Clearing the house out is quite a job. My Mom's memorial photo collage is on youtube now- here is the link if you are interested in seeing it. I'm the little dark-haired girl in the pictures- you will see myself and my daughter (she's the only granddaughter) fat and skinny (comparatively of course!). 
Time to head back to bed... night, night!
Julia

http://youtu.be/Uhtz31CrDqU
ohwegoblues
on 9/6/11 8:27 pm - NY
good morning ALL....]

Today is our FIRST day back to school with kids..so far..its raining, cool and we are under a FLOOD watch..warning will come later I'm sure.
    I start school with no schedule so today I will be sitting with school counselors and looking at all of my students schedules and trying to make on of my own so that I can fit all the kids in at least once per day for help.
    My visit to the cardiologist was "interesting".  My palpitations seem to be a by-product of electrolyte imbalances due to my RNY.  Seems that because I'm a "dumper" and have hypoglycemia that my electrolytes are always off.  May need to see an endocrinologist .
    They also determined that I have mild sleep apnea due to Restless Leg Syndrome....wow.  So now I massage my legs before bed and take a mild pain pill to help with that.
    Otherwise...I'm just going nuts.
   Well need to hurry to school...I have a freshman today who is very anxious about his first day in high school and I PROMISED I would greet him at the door.
    Have a great day all.......

Hugs..
    Marcy
karen C.
on 9/6/11 10:50 pm, edited 9/6/11 10:50 pm - Kennewick, WA

Marcy,

I learn so much on this forum. Your comment about restless legs and sleep apnea grabbed my attention. I was self diagnosed with restless legs about 5 years ago. It runs rampant in my family: an aunt on each side and my dad tho at the time he didn't know that was what it was and had no meds.

I take a generic form of Mirapax and if I don't have it I could commit murder. Recently on my camping trip I posted that  raccoons stole my entire pill box. I spent what was to be a very relaxing night at the beach by myself: pacing, up and down, reading in the handicap stall at the bathroom. Absolutely exhausted by the time the sun rose. Had to get to my daughter's  (2 hr drive) and get emergency supply of pills to get me two nights of sleep before heading the rest of the way home.

Then there is the sleep apnea. While trying to get insurance approval at 377 lbs I had a sleep test which I flunked the first time. Never did go to sleep. Had to have 2 practice sessions in an office before re-taking the test. Moderately severe sleep apnea (still no insurance approval) which was cured with first 100 lbs of weight lost. I no longer snore, but still don't sleep worth crap.

So while visiting with a dear friend about anxiety, depression, sleep apnea I decided that when I've recovered from my thigh lift I will have my annual physical. Along with the physical I will request another sleep study and make an appt with the therapist who treats my anxiety disorder.  I haven't taken meds in  years for anxiety and generally am in a positive state of mind. Therefore I hate the thought of taking meds again. BUT THERE IS THE BI PROBLEM OF SELDOM SLEEPING MORE THAN 2-3 HOURS AT A TIME.

Those sleep studies are miserable but since mine had nothing to do with restless legs I'm thinking I should have one.  I've suspected the connection between the two but hadn't seen it in writing.

I also suspect that restless legs are part of my night time eating disorder that was such a miserable part of my pre WLS days.

Marcy, thanks so much for posting this. It gives me much to ponder.

Karen C

Eileen Briesch
on 9/7/11 4:46 am - Evansville, IN
Karen,

While sleep apnea is often caused by obesity, it is also caused by our anatomy, which is exacerbated by the obesity. I found this out when I had a second sleep study done four years after RNY. The sleep doctor in Grand Rapids, Dr. Marmion, who is a very good doctor, told me I have a soft palate (I believe that's the term) ... he even asked if I had a lisp as a child ... now how would he know that? (I did.) That is caused by the soft palate. He had looked inside my throat during the exam before scheduling the sleep study.

Then, when we did the sleep study, it was discovered that I had mild sleep apnea again (also discovered pre-RNY), and I didn't need a CPAP machine. Really, it's just something caused by anatomy. I think it runs in my family ... my dad snored something horribly ... he would wake up gasping. My brothers do the same thing ... they both snore and have my dad's big nose. I fortunately have the Delort (mom's family) nose.

My sleep disorder basically has to do with my fibromyalgia and the soft palate. I can't do much about either, other than to medicate ... also my pain issues.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

annette R.
on 9/6/11 9:20 pm - ithaca, NY
Julia,

The photo collage was touching. Very touching.

Good luck with the oral surgery. Take those lala land meds and sleep!!

Hugs
Annette
 Annette     Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting           

Laureen S.
on 9/6/11 10:56 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Julia,

The collage was beautiful. . .  thanks for sharing it with us. . .  I remember going through my Mom's apartment, she had lived there for almost 30 years, thankfully my cousin helped me, it was quite an experience and I kept a few items just because of the memories they held, they have no value except for the memory of her. . .  hugs, sweet Sistah. . .  Hope your extraction goes without a hitch.

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Nancy H.
on 9/6/11 11:43 pm - Traverse City, MI
Julia, the memorial was just beautiful.
Nan
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 378 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1177 views
Judy