denied P.S

cayleighsmom
on 12/2/13 11:41 pm
RNY on 06/05/12

i'm so sad and disappointed. Found out this morning that i was not approved for plastic surgery. i know that i didn't have the surgery to look like a super model, but i'm feeling pretty good about myself, feel strong and healthy. I would love to show it off a bit. I can hide it in clothes, although, there is lots that of clothes that fit funny cause of this hangy, mushy, thing that hangs off the front of me.

just needed to vent about it. I know there is people here who understand this feeling.  The only way is self pay, so that won't be happening .  Thanks for listening

Leanne1
on 12/2/13 11:44 pm - Newmarket, Canada

Did they say why you were denied?? Who did you go thru??

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

Mary A.
on 12/3/13 12:21 am, edited 12/3/13 12:21 am

Will you appeal their decision?  I was initially denied but then appealed (and was approved)

...mind you you have to proove the reasons for (needing) the surgery as a part of your life and not as "cosmetic"...if you want any help in the Appeal Procedure, please PM me and I will help you anyway I can.

(p.s. my response from OHIP was one word (borderline)....that's all I was provided...and let me forewarn you, your PS that did your consult, will probably not be able to help you in the appeal process (mine didn't)..I had to do it all on my own..so I have been through it and will help anyone I can~!

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

cayleighsmom
on 12/3/13 12:58 am
RNY on 06/05/12

the response said not sufient symtomology. P.S, said probably wouldn't win the appeal. But yay me, there is always the option to self pay, come in and get a quote. That won't be happening.

Mary A.
on 12/3/13 1:22 am

plastic surgeon said that..well that's not professional IMO...she/he should have been supportive, I mean bariatric patients don't want a pannilectomy because we want to "look pretty" or wear thong underwear.~!! GEESH

Like I said the offer is open, if you would like to appeal I am more than willing to help you with the process just let me know.  Not sufficient symtomology....doesn't include the rashes, the extra weight, the sweat, even though my plastic surgeon put that in her report..I doubt the person screening the application bothered to look at it.  In my appeal things were described in detail and you have to be willing to put it all out there....I figured, it's a person reading it and if you put a bit of human "touch" in it...well just maybe..

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

SteveWebb
on 12/3/13 1:33 am - NC

Me in thong underwear, Gosh, that's a scary thought! LOL

Jeremiah 29:11 " For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end". 

mispysmom
on 12/3/13 1:10 am - elliot lake, Canada
wait a bit then ask for a rereferral, perhaps it wipl work.out differently

Amanda

Marls
on 12/3/13 1:29 am - Canada

*******s!! I think that if we go through this we should be allowed the pani! 

Do the appeal!! You have nothing to lose!

kayakgirl
on 12/3/13 1:41 am - Canada

It's an elective surgery. We don't have to "go through" it.

Initial referral: March 21, 2013; Orientation: April 26, 2013 (OWMC); Nurse Practitioner: July 10, 2013; Nut/Beh: July 15, 2013; Pre-op Class: September 18, 2013; Internist: September 18, 2013; Surgeon: October 1, 2013; Surgery: November 25, 2013 (Dr. Yelle)

Marls
on 12/4/13 1:28 am - Canada

I did not say we HAD to go through it, I said if.  I should also have added that I know I will get attacked for this comment.  I believe that many many people on this website and people who have CHOSEN or ELECTED to have this surgery, along with others who were told by their doctors "have the surgery or die" often lose the weight but still feel much shame after the skin is hanging and mentally do not feel ahead of the game.  That is on a person to person basis and if nothing else, the Pani ought to be available at either zero cost or a sliding scale cost (to make it more affordable for those who are very much in need of it)

Those are MY thoughts

Most Active
Recent Topics