Members nMOTION

Welcome
to Members nMOTION, bringing the inspirational stories of ObesityHelp members front and center. Read about the struggles and triumphs of OH members just like yourself who use exercise as a weapon in their battle against obesity.

Earl Curry
On June 17, 2004 I had RNY Gastric Bypass Surgery at the age of 44. I weighed in at 358 very large pounds. Not really my heaviest weight ever, since I have weighed as much as 397 pounds (when I could find a scale that went up high enough to weigh me). I am sure I weighed over 400 from time to time. I just couldn't find a scale that went high enough to find out for sure. Click here to learn more about Earl.

Michelle O.
Hi! I am Michelle. I am a little over 16 months out and 157 pounds lighter after having RNY surgery. I have come to realize how critical it is to incorporate not only eating a high protein healthy diet but that it is with exercise and being active that I will succeed long term with my weight loss. Click here to read more.

Kathy Sitter
Childhood, memories of the warm and fuzzies. Good times, love, security and the longing to get back there?

Not for fat kids! My memories are of me being the fat kid that was chased and beat up.  Gym class, trying to climb rope and the entire gym watching, laughing and making fun.  Dodge ball, oh boy do the kids like to take out the fat kid first. And the best one yet, swimming. Those god awful swim suits that show all your fat and not having a size to fit you.  All these wonderful experiences lead to me doing so many weird and stupid things to lose weight. Click here to read more.

Big Will
William C. Elijah epitomizes this Indian proverb. William, known to many as "Big Will," has overcome many problems in his 38 years, among them a high weight of 544 pounds.
William was born and raised in Detroit, a city with a rich musical heritage. Early on it became clear that William had a gift for music. His list of instruments reads like a music store catalog, but his main talents are his trumpet, his voice and the expressiveness of his body while performing. Click here to read more. You may also visit Big Will's web site here.

Linda Sorenson
My story starts very early in life. As long as I can remember I was always the "fat kid." I was struggled with obesity throughout my early childhood and teen years. As I grew into an adult the obesity continued. Once I had children the problems from the obesity really started to affect my health. I soon developed high blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol, knee and back problems, depression, well, you get the idea! The list of health issues grew with each added pound and year. Click here to read more.

Seth Margolies
My name is Seth Margolies I had surgery September 23, 2003 at Wittgrove Bariatric Center and I have been asked to share my story with you. Four years of Ivy League education and I could barely hold a job. Ten thousand McDonalds Cheeseburgers later and I am an expert on morbid obesity hosting a website column and being asked to make speeches on the topic before The American Society for Bariatric Surgeons. Click here to read more. Don't miss Seth's regular column "Letters from Seth."

Most Active