attention computer gurus

Mini-me
on 4/13/09 12:07 am - KY

Hi I need some help I would like to know a good book out there that will help me learn the computer more,  I have worked with a computer for 12 years (believe it or not) but I only do my program at work and some on the internet.  I would like to learn some more things on here like checking disc, problem solving, ect....  Didn't know if there was one certain book out there that could help with that or not. 

Hope someone can help with this

Thank you so much
Mini me

GO COLTS!!!!

jrod311
on 5/12/09 7:11 am
A good place to start would be any A+ certification book.  I don't have any specific example, but they cover all the basics.  Some of it you may already know, some of it may be over your head.  But it will cover a WIDE variety of topics.  You may look at like a A+ for dummies (not calling you a dummy) as it may be easier to read and less technical. 

As with any computer manual like that, try to get a used copy or got to half price books.  New, they will be expensive.  Usually around $50-$100 depending on the book.

Good luck!
Mini-me
on 5/13/09 6:30 am - KY
Thank you so much I will try one of those books

Greatly Appreciated
Mini Me
flyboynm
on 9/22/09 8:33 am - Los Alamos, NM
When I was first starting out in this field, I used a CompTIA A+ study guide, but afterwards, I realized that the most information in regards to upgrading and repairing computers came from this book:

http://www.dansdata.com/urpc.htm

It is called Upgrading and Repairing PCs.  While it is an expensive book, I found it entirely useful at the beginning of my career.  I have been doing this type of work for 19 years.  

Best of luck and if you need more help, let us know!
Most Active
Recent Topics
I Updated My Laptop To Windows 10.
Watson · 0 replies · 284 views
Windows 10 (Part 2)
Watson · 0 replies · 487 views
Internet Explorer
Watson · 0 replies · 370 views
Windows 10
Watson · 0 replies · 384 views
Windows 8.1
Watson · 0 replies · 382 views