The Beck Diet Solution ~ Day 2 (w/day 3)

SuziJones
on 4/15/10 3:01 pm
Well I have actually read day two AND three since day 2 deals with diets. Since I'm on a healthy eating style I just wrote down what I would be eating and how I would be eating from here on out. She did have a good idea of not 'forbidding' foods from your diet, since once you put that label on them you want them all the more. I've decided to do the. "I'll get it later" mind set. For once I'll make laziness work for ME! hehe Once I get the craving/head hunger for sweets or junky carbs I'll wait 15 minutes and do some activity and then see if the urge comes back then I'll use the 'sweets treats' card (I have a 3x5 I'm using) and have a treat on either Friday or Saturday. Not both days, but one. So then I can have that to look forward to and once I get to that day, hopefully I'll have been working on getting over that urge and let it go. It's all about distraction and exchanging one habit for another.

I have reviewed my affirmation only once today. I will do it again before I go to bed (which I will be doing as soon as I post this! hehe) so I will get in the two times that is re commanded by the solution.

I am enjoying the book a lot. It's all knowledge and counseling like I have done in the past for my own treatment groups, but I like that it's focused and organized in such a careful and precise way. It's so very helpful and straight forward.

The lesson for day three is that you NEVER eat anything except for when you are seated! No grazing when cooking, fixing lunches, or mixing things, or putting things away. The ONLY time you eat is when you are seated. The reason behind this is because people consider those nibbles, and bites "not eating" or "free" foods and don't count those calories.

As I was reading the title and subtitles I was thinking I don't EVER stand in front of the fridge to eat, so this lesson is not one that really pertains to me, but as I read on and discovered that I sure do stand UP and graze and nibble. I mean really, how many do consider that nibbles while cooking as being calories?? Or eating that last piece of lunch meat after making school lunches? So, at the table I will now sit to eat all my meals, with a timer (when alone) to ensure I'm waiting the minute between bites and counting to 60 in my head when with family or friends or out to eat (which I haven't done yet). I will also be placing my utensil beside my plate while chewing and counting. hehe

The lesson also goes on to state that post sticky notes or reminders where you graze the most and at your table to remind you to sit and eat and actually enjoy and focus on your food. What a NOVEL concept!! Actually considering the food you place in your mouth! I mean...that's how I got fat in the first place!! hehe

So thus far, after only two short days. I'm doing well! I love the reminder cards and posting reminders around the house to eat sitting down only! To NOT nibble while in the kitchen at all!! I think I will make the kitchen a NO EATING zoning!! hehe
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them.  ~Michael Jordan 
My Goals:
1) 200lbs ACCOMPLISHED
3) 170lbs
4) Run 5K
"Unneeded food is not any less wasted in a body that doesnt need it, than it is in the trash." ~Brandilynn
 "Those that will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants." ~William Penn

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
onerland-2.jpg My Onerland!! picture by minnlay
Most Active
Recent Topics
Any writers here?
Dagne Tripplehorn · 2 replies · 697 views
is aybody out there?????
susieequte · 0 replies · 557 views
jennifer weiner
susieequte · 3 replies · 1043 views
books
jen73076 · 2 replies · 812 views