The Beck Diet Solution ~ Day 1

SuziJones
on 4/14/10 9:24 am
I had been reading on the VSG forums about this book and had heard great things about from BrandiLynn in particular. So, I got on amazon and ordered it.

I started today on the first day. I will follow it as directed by the dr/author and will be posting daily on here about my progress, what I learn, how it's working, helping, or not, ect....

Anyone wishing to join in at any time is welcome! I will also be posting this on my blog on OH, and it might have more detailed information of how the book is helping/hurting me.

Today was about familarizing the reader with just what the beck diet solution is. It's NOT a food diet, it's a mental cognative thinking diet. It changes the way that a person thinks about food, life, and themselves. It starts out VERy simple with making a daily affirmation card about WHY you want to lose weight/change your life and body. The benefits and how important those benefits are to you.

I had a index card (suggested to be used by the author) and a journal page of different reasons for wanting to shed fat and change my mental perceptions of my life, myself and my behaviors that made me fat.

So far, I think that the doctor is spot on with her approach! I have been using daily affirmation for years and they are indeed a wonderful tool! I think this book takes it a step further and I'm eagerly looking forward to the next 45 days of helping rid myself of my negative thinking and embracing the positive and strength that I have not tapped into to better not only my health, but my life and my mental state.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them.  ~Michael Jordan 
My Goals:
1) 200lbs ACCOMPLISHED
3) 170lbs
4) Run 5K
"Unneeded food is not any less wasted in a body that doesnt need it, than it is in the trash." ~Brandilynn
 "Those that will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants." ~William Penn

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
onerland-2.jpg My Onerland!! picture by minnlay
Lynda D.
on 2/22/11 6:36 pm
I heard it takes something like 27 days to form a new habit.

First Surgery Date: November 5, 2005
Surgery Type: RNY--Proximal
Height: 5' 3"
Beginning Weight: 250 lbs.
Lowest Weight: 125 lbs.
Current Weight: 230 lbs. Seeking Revision to DS

SuziJones
on 2/23/11 9:37 am
Lyndia,
It's not a hard and fast rule (the 27 days), but generally it's the one that is used as a starting point. At the LEAST 27 days to change a habit. The best way to elimentate a habit is to replace it with a GOOD habit. EX: late afternoon eating for me was HORRIBLE to break! I now pop in my stick of sugar free gum and go to town chewing it instead of food.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them.  ~Michael Jordan 
My Goals:
1) 200lbs ACCOMPLISHED
3) 170lbs
4) Run 5K
"Unneeded food is not any less wasted in a body that doesnt need it, than it is in the trash." ~Brandilynn
 "Those that will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants." ~William Penn

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
onerland-2.jpg My Onerland!! picture by minnlay
Most Active
Recent Topics
Any writers here?
Dagne Tripplehorn · 2 replies · 697 views
is aybody out there?????
susieequte · 0 replies · 557 views
jennifer weiner
susieequte · 3 replies · 1043 views
books
jen73076 · 2 replies · 812 views