Nora Roberts

AprilsFool
on 3/15/09 10:22 pm
Has anyone heard of this author?  My sister in law just gave me a bunch of her books and told me that she was an amazing writer... No offense to my sister in law, but I need a second opinion! Lol.

Let me know if it's worth it to check any of these out, and if anyone knows a good starting off place.
doncella23
on 3/27/09 12:46 am
It's funny you should ask that, I just caught her book Northern Lights last saturday as a Lifetime Movie... Not really sure how I feel about that, because I love her as an author.. Oh well, I'll probably end up watching Midnight Bayou this weekend anyway.
christyt3
on 3/30/09 7:59 am - Kirksville, MO
Nora Roberts is a pretty popular author, but I have never read any of her books.  I am very into Jodi Picoult these days - have you read any of hers? 

289            268              218          150
               High         Surgery          Current        Goal

SunnyRide2
on 4/8/09 5:34 am
I've read a few Jodi Picoult books however Nora Roberts is the best.  So far I caught Midnight Bayou and High Noon on Lifetime. The movies weren't great compared to the books but standing alone they did just fine. I really liked the casting choices!!!! I was psyched to see Brittany Murphy cast in the movie Tribute. I'm sad I wanted to see it this weekend but I'll be traveling for the holidays.
akyro78
on 4/10/09 10:18 am
 Oh Nora Roberts is one of my favorite authors... I cant wait to see her book Tribute come to life tomorrow night, and I think Brittany Murphy is the perfect person to play Cilla McGowan, check it out... 
http://www.mylifetime.com/on-tv/movies/nora-roberts/tribute
AprilsFool
on 4/13/09 3:20 am
did you happen to see it?  took me about an hour to get into it, but after that, i was hooked.  very good movie i thought.  best out of the 4 in the series.
vonage vinvon
on 6/8/09 5:30 am - SHELBY, NC
I READ THE MAJORITY OF HER BOOKS.  SHE IS ALSO JD ROBB.  I LOVE HER BOOKS BUT THE MOVIES LACK SOMETHING
Vonage

Lynda D.
on 2/22/11 7:05 pm
She is very good...and very prolific. I think she churns out something like four novels a year. Which is something considering that some authors take years to write their novels.

Her stories are all kind of the same: protagonist is running away from his or her past and comes to a new town. There is a murder mystery and the main character finds love. There you have it.

But she writes the books so well and the mysteries are so engaging, you can't help but get drawn in to them. I think I liked Carolina Moon the best. The whole psychic angle was cool.

Lynda

First Surgery Date: November 5, 2005
Surgery Type: RNY--Proximal
Height: 5' 3"
Beginning Weight: 250 lbs.
Lowest Weight: 125 lbs.
Current Weight: 230 lbs. Seeking Revision to DS

Most Active
Recent Topics
Any writers here?
Dagne Tripplehorn · 2 replies · 698 views
is aybody out there?????