Any horse people?

Sherrie Bohannon
on 1/20/09 7:09 am - CA
Hello my name is Sherrie and I have a quarter horse.  I bought him when he was a year old hoping to lose enough weight to ride him.  Well 10 yrs later i have just lost enough to start riding him and any other horse i can.  I have sat back for years wanting to ride but weighing to much and watched my sister ride him. It feels so wonderfull to be back in the saddle riding again I LOVE IT.
Teresa W.
on 6/18/09 12:53 am
Hi,

How far are you from Riverside California?   I have 2 horses.  Looking forward to riding!
Teresa

Susan H.
on 3/18/09 1:54 pm
VSG on 01/29/13
I want to get back into riding as soon as I lose some lbs. I have two horses that need to be ridden but they are just living a life of leisure for now. I'm not sure they'll be as happy as I will once the riding begins again.

cowgrl53
on 3/24/09 11:36 pm - NM
Hello,

I too love horses. Since having WLS I am more confident when I ride I no longer feel like a sack of potatoes bouncing around, yea!  I have 4 horses, 1 that is 33 and is still doing fine, although I don't ride him any more because I can feel his creeky bones rubbing against each other on his back when I ride him bare back......  it still makes me feel like I might be hurting him.  I have a gelding that is about 10, he has such an attitude that I will probably sell him because I just don't have the time to fight with him everytime I get on him.  My daughter's barrel horse is with us still and he is about 9 yrs old (he was mine but too much power and speed for me and my 54 year old body), then I have a 4 year old and he too is registered and was off the track.  I call him spit because I don't like his registered name and he just loves me.  I would like to get back to doing barrels but I feel like I'm too old and don't have enough confidence in myself..   Yea, I love horses and horse people.

Cowgrl
Get support in the Phentermine forums!

countryshannon
on 4/9/09 6:00 am - cookeville, TN
hello my name is Shannon I live in Tennessee, i used to ride AQHA horses but since i have gained my weight I am not able to ride but do still work with them daily.  I am looking into opening a dude ranch in my area.  i look forward to talking to you.
CoriMcQ
on 4/22/09 1:16 pm
Hi everyone!

I am an eventer from Chicago.  I have a monster of a 17h Holsteiner and older paint gelding.  Rode hunter/jumpers for years, then stopped riding when I had kids and got back into in about 9 years ago.  We are doing primarily eventing now.  Right now, my show schedule is on hold pending my surgery on May 11th.  How long did it take you all to get back to riding after your surgery?
dawnspaints
on 6/3/09 1:09 am - Carlyle, IL
wow, I can't beleive I found horse people on here. I have 3 quarter horses and that is a big part of why I had surgery, I hadn't rode in 5 years and now I am back in the saddle. Howdy, yall!
eljayem
on 6/5/09 5:20 am
Hi everyone!  My surgery is 6/16/09 and I can't wait to be back in the saddle.  I used to ride endurance, but ain't no way I can ask my girl to carry my fat butt around right now.  I am so uncoordinated up there.  So how long after a lab RnY before I am riding again?
Eljay

While the weight loss is easier with surgery, the lifestyle is harder.
Teresa W.
on 6/18/09 12:49 am
Hi,
Had my surgery 4 wks ago.  Would love to chat with horsey folks.
Teresa

Teresa W.
on 6/18/09 12:51 am
Teresa here.   Just seeing if you are still active here.  love to chat about horses.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Looking for a home...
SapphireStar · 0 replies · 613 views
test thread
nikonshooter · 0 replies · 485 views
Horse people
Meginsf · 10 replies · 803 views
Ferrets!
shiftling · 1 replies · 446 views