Any horse people?

tomscandy
on 4/9/09 2:42 pm
Thats alot of why I had surgery too..Is there any OLd Fat Women that still like to ride.. All you girls, look like your just out of school...But if you dont mind and old woman, I'm here to talk horse..ha ha    This is my Spot, and I use his picture, cause he's a lot prettier than me..I'm 58 yo, and weighed 261, and I felt sorry for my horse..When I get on him, he grunts, then groans..I know you know what I'm talking about..  Then I got to where I couldnt even get on him, and my husband built me a set of steps to climb then just throw my leg over..That way when I sit down, he just  did the grunt.. ha ha
        I'm so glad there are horse people on here..I've tried to add some of you girls, but I dont think a person can get to many friends..And if I sit here and talk to you, That might be another lb. Spot doesnt have to carry..ha ha  I use to raise horses, always had QH, till my husband got his back surgery, needed a rockin chair, so now we have Foxtrotters.. Spot is a Foxtrotter, but also a Spotted Saddle horse, and a great Rockin Chair...I raised him and his Mom, and His grandma. and I hope to raise some more..Not from him.. He's a gelding..almost 7.. Thats enought for now.. I told you I like to talk horse. Even if I dont know if anyone is listening. ha ha    Hope to hear from some of you....
Teresa W.
on 6/18/09 12:48 am
Hi,
Would love to go riding.  I'm 4 wks post op and feel sorry for my horse as well.  Had horses for a couple of years.  Would love to chat!
Teresa

bkrancher
on 2/20/10 4:58 am
Hey
Yes here is a 54 yr old 5 days out and horses are a main reason for my having surgery as well. Have had horses all my life - showed in dressage and jumping, went into trail riding and have been there ever since! Camping, riding and lots of good times

My horse for the last 7 years is a TWH 16 hands and he will be so happy with me this spring!

Keep in touch!
Rebekah W.
on 10/27/08 10:11 am - Chester, VA
Before gaining all my weight I rode for 15 years and was really good at it. I miss it so much. Riding again is one of my biggest goals after surgery, and also one of the things that made me look into it, of course after healtha nd all:) What discipline do you ride?
mhorsejas
on 11/2/08 1:25 pm - WV
Hi.  My name is Melissa.  Horses are one of my main reasons for having gastric bypass surgery.  I show Spotted Saddle Horses and Tennessee Walkers.  It was getting too embarrassing to show and I'm tired of having to carry a stool around to get on my horse.  I also love to trail ride, but I always worried if I could find a stump or something to get back on my horse when we let the horses rest.  Even if it there was a stump, someone had to hold my saddle so it wouldn't slip.  I had surgery on Oct. 8, 2008 and so far have lost 32 pounds.  I am so glad I had the surgery.
DreamcatcherArabian
s

on 12/20/08 1:55 pm - Stillwater, OK
" Even if it there was a stump, someone had to hold my saddle so it wouldn't slip"

I can so relate!!!  I haven't had the surgery yet, but I know it will sure help me once I do.  I raise and show Arabians, NSH, and Pintos.  Love my horses and hate not being as mobile as I used to be. 

Would love to talk horses with horsey people who have the same goals I do!

Tami Jean A.
on 12/24/08 10:59 pm - Schenectady, NY
I love the avatar! What an Arab head set. Gorgeous. Looks like a drawing of "this is how an Arab head should be" 

Tami
332//303/175/132! 
highest/day of surgery/current/goal
WEARING SIZE 11 ! (haven't worn an 11 since I was 11)

DreamcatcherArabian
s

on 12/25/08 4:12 am - Stillwater, OK
Thank you!  She's my baby who is now having a baby of her own.  I can't wait to see if the foal gets momma's head. 

Merry Christmas!!!
Tami Jean A.
on 12/24/08 11:01 pm - Schenectady, NY
My weight forced me to sell my QH, Cimmeron Crocker, years ago and although I dont know if I'll ever have the means to keep a horse again at home, I am glad to be able to ride again and maybe I'll lease. When I did board I missed the bonding from everyday care.

Tami
332//303/175/132! 
highest/day of surgery/current/goal
WEARING SIZE 11 ! (haven't worn an 11 since I was 11)

penthilisea
on 1/13/09 8:05 am - Milford, NJ
I own a 18 year old TB and a 28 year old QH. We have fun and trail ride, my background is dressage and hunter/jumpers. I'm always happy to talk horses! I also have worked in driving and breeding and theraputic riding.
glitter graphicsglitter graphicsglitter graphics

Mal: "Well, my days of taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." "Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt" Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Looking for a home...
SapphireStar · 0 replies · 613 views
test thread
nikonshooter · 0 replies · 483 views
Horse people
Meginsf · 10 replies · 803 views
Ferrets!
shiftling · 1 replies · 445 views