HELP

andrea B.
on 10/21/03 1:05 am - St. Paul, MN
I had open VBG on october 6th 2003. I have problems with nausia, and getting comfortable in bed. I was wondering if anyone is going through the same thing, and how to overcome these things.
Marisol C.
on 10/21/03 11:21 pm - Stamford, CT
Yes that is normal.. it takes a few weeks for me more like 6 weeks before I was able to lay on my side like I use to.. Actually I'm 2 months out as of Oct 18th and I still get uncomfortable when I lay in certain positions. Just know your newly done.. it will get better.. I thought for sure I was doomed to feel like "Crap" for the rest of my life.. NOW I feel wonderful..
Elaine-SugarLand
on 10/23/03 1:42 am - Sugar Land, TX
DEAR ANDREA, I, LIKE YOU, HAVE BEEN HAVING PROBLEMS WITH NAUSEA, AND CERTAIN POSITIONS, MAKE IT WORSE. I HAD AN OPEN VBG ON 9-16-03. I THOUGHT IT WAS JUST ME, BUT THE DOCTOR SAID IT WAS QUITE NORMAL FOR A FRESH POST-OP. EVERYDAY I FEEL BETTER AND BETTER, SO THERE IS HOPE FOR ALL OF US. YOU WILL BE JUST FINE. LOVE, ELAINE 222/190/115
salymsmommy
on 10/27/03 3:29 am - New Braunfels, TX
It's normal and in a while it will pass. I spent the first 3 weeks post op sleeping in a recliner because I couldn't even get into a bed!
Michelle S.
on 10/27/03 11:21 am - Saltillo, MS
after i had my surgery i got a small throw pillow and i slept with it clutched to me. that really helped because it propped all my insides up. after a month or so i didnt need it anymore.-- I am needing help with protein. surgery 6/16/03 down 61#
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gastro-Gastric Fistula after VBG
csingram · 0 replies · 4314 views
VBG revision
okgal50 · 9 replies · 8571 views
sleeve or the switch
Kerri_L_Denter · 1 replies · 8094 views