Recent Posts

dmhshellie
on 10/8/07 9:34 am - Westminster, CO
Topic: RE: Anyone Decide Between Dr. Johnell or Dr. Snyder?
I actually picked Dr. Shieh and Georgescu.  Dr. Shieh did an emergency appondecoty on me a year ago, and he was great, I kep his card because he does WLS.  Part of what I liked about Dr Shieh is not only did he do an intern for WLS both Lapband and RNY, he did one in cosmetic surgery, he and his staff believe you will be his patient for life and he is great.  The program is just as good if not better than Dr. Snyder.   I do know many that have used Dr Snyder and have been pleased but again, for the total beyond WLS and possible surgeries I recommend Dr. Shieh he is great, caring comforting and I could go on for ever how much I trust him and his staff.

247/240/232/142/135   highest/ Pre-op/Surg/Current/Goal

Call Me G.
on 10/8/07 8:03 am - Redlands, CA
Topic: Anyone Decide Between Dr. Johnell or Dr. Snyder?
Hello!  I've been researching Lap-Band for a while now and can't decide between Dr. Johnell or Dr. Snyder to move ahead with.  Has anyone here interviewed both doctors?  Who did you like best?  Who did you pick and why?
huskerfan85
on 10/5/07 2:09 pm - Colorado Springs, CO
Topic: RE: Yeah! Home from Hospital!
Congratulations!!!!  Yes, you are in for a whirlwind ride, but it is fun and exciting.  Keep us posted on your progress!!!!
Gayle  6'2" 

wendy S.
on 10/5/07 10:40 am - highlands ranch, co
Topic: RE: Southwest area
Hi Maria, I saw your post regarding a support group and I know there is one at Littleton Adventist of the first friday of each month.  Call to confirm. Wendy
dmhshellie
on 10/5/07 7:56 am - Westminster, CO
Topic: RE: NEW-Dr. Snyder, Lap Band
This will be a choice you and your Dr. will make together based on your medical need and what you will be comfortable.  De. M. Shieh just did my RNY and it went very well.  So know what ever you choose the Dr will have your best interst at heart.  Plus do not be shy ask lost of questions....

247/240/232/142/135   highest/ Pre-op/Surg/Current/Goal

HollyBear
on 10/5/07 3:25 am
Topic: RE: Yeah! Home from Hospital!
Congrats Sarah! I am  glad you are doing so well! Looking forward to your updates! Holly

reggiomommy
on 10/5/07 12:59 am
Topic: Yeah! Home from Hospital!
I came home yesterday after my surgery on Monday morning. Dr. Fedorak was awesome and the Bariatric unit/staff were so great! It is good to be home. I did have to come home on oxygen and will be on it for about a week... but other than that I am feeling great and getting around. Now the wirlwind begins!!!   It is so weird all of the emotions I have been going through. When they were wheeling me into the OR I just started crying. Fran assured me this was normal:) When I woke up.. it was reality that WOW I really did this! Talking to my daughter has been great and thank you for all of the great advice.. She has had a lot of questions but also gets things a lot more than I thought she would. We are trying to keep things as normal as possible for her. She loves seeing Mommy eat with a baby spoon LOL! I will post in a few days how things are going. Sarah
CW
on 10/2/07 8:00 am - Western, CO
Topic: RE: NEW-Dr. Snyder, Lap Band
Dr. Snyder did my lap band surgery in March.  He is wonderful, so is Pete, Kim and Amanda( the nurse).  His post op diet isn't too bad, it was pretty easy to get used to.  The first week was protein shakes, water, crystal light, jello, etc... The second week you can add refried beans, egg beaters, cottage cheese, puddings, and yogurt. Then you can go to pureed foods Then at 3-4 weeks post op you can gradually move to solid foods. I love having the lap band and am so happy to have made this decision, but it is a decision up to you and Dr. Snyder.   Good luck with your surgery! Chrissy 

Lilypie - (D7uA)
mini goal, pre pregnancy weight!

lisanebraska68
on 9/29/07 11:25 am - NE
Topic: RE: Hi! New Here! Any advice on talking to your children about the surgery?
Hello from OMAHA NE I have a 9 year old...when I met my husband 4 years ago he was one year out after gastric bypass so we didn't know him as a big man...but we have seen all the pictures...he went from 500 to 240 know.....I decided to have the lap band surgery and waited until the insurance accepted it and now have my surgeon visit on Oct 3 and then set the date.....I decided I needed to tell our son...I explained that I would be home by the time he gets out of school (w/o problems) but that I would need help when dad wasn't around....his response besides agreeing to be helpful was... so when go out for dinner I will be the adult diner and you both will be the kids meal!! gotta love em!
huskerfan85
on 9/28/07 2:30 pm - Colorado Springs, CO
Topic: RE: Hi! New Here! Any advice on talking to your children about the surgery?
Yes, UNL Alum here also!!!  Glad to find another one in the area.
Gayle  6'2" 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Denver Metro Area?
3LittleMonkeys · 0 replies · 4634 views
Thoughts on Dr. Long in Parker?
WitchySar · 1 replies · 5642 views
Anyone in Colorado Springs?
JayBay · 1 replies · 5879 views