Recent Posts

Carol S.
on 1/9/15 2:29 am - Milwaukee, WI
Topic: Long Term RNY (2002)

Hi there. My name is Carol and I moved to CO Springs last year and plan to be here permanently (for the first time in 17 years). I had surgery in 2002 and while I have had other struggles, I am doing well with my WLS.  I had surgery in Anchorage AK, with Dr. Todd of Alaska Bariatric Center.  

I'm glad to be here.

Carol

SW/276 CW 150 GW 185

9 Years out.

Jonay
on 12/15/14 8:00 pm - Grand Junction, CO
RNY on 03/31/15
Topic: RE: MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!

Western Slope Area

Name: Dr Shaio, Dr Hanosh, Dr Hanly

If they accept Medicare and or Medicaid: Medicaid for sure (HMO is easier to get approved through, per their facility)

Phone number 970-298-6400

Facility: St. Mary's Bariatric and Metabolic Center

Located in Grand Junction, CO

As I understand it, Medicaid requires:

6 months of supervised diets (which this center offers)

a BMI of 35 or more with comorbidity

or a BMI of 40 or more without co-morbidity.

Griver16
on 11/13/14 3:02 pm

Ty soooo much.. I just attended the seminar. Can you email me to send me the psych info.. [email protected] 😃

Jonay
on 11/5/14 9:04 pm - Grand Junction, CO
RNY on 03/31/15
Topic: RE: GRand Junction to Glenwood Springs

There are a couple of support groups through St. Mary's in GJ. They go as far out as Montrose and Rifle. The Life Center would have more information for you @ 970-298-6400. I am not sure about Community Hospital. I am looking for a WLS Buddy. :) Good luck.

Casey

carlak
on 8/15/14 9:07 am - Bradenton, FL
Topic: RE: GRand Junction to Glenwood Springs

I think Dr Till quit has a support group at a hospital in Grand Junction. Anyone can go to it.

image hosting site

Jackie G.
on 8/6/14 3:05 am
Topic: RE: NCMC

Hi Joe,

I also had Dr. Johnell as my surgeon.  I have an appointment this month with Dr. Snyder, who is located in Denver by Rose Hospital.  He takes my insurance and they don't have a fee to become a patient.  There is also a Dr. Georgesku in Thornton who takes United Healthcare, but they have a hundred dollar fee to become part of their program.

Hope this helps.  You can email me directly at [email protected] if you have any further questions that I might be able to help with.

Jackie

bigjoey38
on 7/25/14 10:58 am - sterling, CO
Topic: NCMC

Hi all

Has anyone here had there surgery ( Lap-band ) with Dr. Johnell at Northern Colorado Medical Center in Greeley, Co?

I have insurance with Banner health and he is no longer associated with them. So now I am looking for a Dr that does fills and takes that type of insurance.

If you have the same insurance or have the same issue please e-mail me :  [email protected]

Thanks

Joe

Start weight:339 Lbs   (Sept 07, 05)
Band date/weight= Dec 13, 05/ 320 lbs
Lowest weight after surgery:  Apil-14-06-261.2 lbs

Griver16
on 7/13/14 7:38 pm

Did u need a pcp referral? TIA

kristyinco
on 6/30/14 12:35 am
Topic: GRand Junction to Glenwood Springs

Are there any preop, postop peeps from this general area?  I  live in this region but an having surgery in Denver.  My insurance does not cover any of the local surgeons.  This leaves me a little removed from the Support Groups of my surgery center.  I am looking for something in the area and perhaps some people local that I can connect with.  I love online and that we can reach people from all over but I do wish to have people that are here as well. 

Thanks,

Kristy

carlak
on 5/1/14 11:27 am - Bradenton, FL
Topic: RE: Lets do a recall

Hibsorry I tookcso long to respond. No biopsy! I was scared to have a needle stuck in my neck! They just did a mri found cold spits and decided to take my thyroid. It was full of minute cancer cells. Im on thyroid medicine everyday.

image hosting site

Most Active
Recent Topics
Denver Metro Area?
3LittleMonkeys · 0 replies · 4634 views
Thoughts on Dr. Long in Parker?
WitchySar · 1 replies · 5642 views
Anyone in Colorado Springs?
JayBay · 1 replies · 5879 views