Me vs Weigh****chers

JB1114
on 5/5/16 6:03 pm - Grain Valley, MO

Nearly 8 years ago I had RNY so why am I WW member?  One would think that having RNY is a pretty drastic measure to take to lose weight.  I have no regrets about the surgery.  I have had some regain and I'm working on getting it off.   I joined WWs and I do enjoy the meetings, but for the last 3 months I worked 6 days a week and didn't make it to meetings.  My weight pretty much stayed the same. 

Now I have decided to return to retirement so no income from the temp service.  I'm really enjoying retirement.  I just can't see paying $44.95 a month for WWs.   They don't have a senior discount. 

The current WW program is great for me.  It encourages more healthy eating than before.  If you want carby foods, you will spend more points.  I know what to do.  There's no reason I can't follow the program on my own.  I'm really disappointed in myself that I didn't keep off every one of the 70 lbs. I lost initially.  A lot of those old feeling and negative self talk I did before surgery is back. 

I need to track and post here and I know I can be successful.

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

Susan M.
on 5/6/16 5:05 am - Howell, MI

Tracking here helps, Same as your meeting, maybe its the accountability that is working for you, I know that helps me, maybe you have someone else who is trying to lose some too and you can do a weekly weigh in together.(No fees)  WW is a good program and if the method works for you go for it, Good luck you can do it.

Age 56 Height 4' 11" 

Jody ***
on 5/6/16 7:18 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with

Hi Susan!!  I'm next door in Brighton!

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

Jody ***
on 5/6/16 7:18 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with

I also have had some regain, and yes, I know what I need to do to get it off - but I am the same as you - I need a little push to get back on track.  

Don't beat yourself up - today is a new day and you can do it!!

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

Tizzles
on 5/7/16 3:29 am

I think you haven't fallen off the wagon as much as you think you have. You saw you were going back up on the scale and did something about it. You joined WW. I mean everyone here has probably done some form of their program. There's no shame in it. You're still being proactive. So yay you! If you feel comfortable doing the program on your own and it works for you, then do it. I would advise (even though I am a complete newb here) to stick with some form of support group/system, even if it's only here or another place online. Being vocal about your life keeps you accountable and you already know that leads to success. You can do it! Keep your chin up!

Price S.
on 5/8/16 4:29 am - Mills River, NC

I lost 80 lbs years ago with WW and was even the local WW of the year.  But I was running then and when my hips made me stop, all the weight came back.  Because I am a life member, I can even go for free if I am at goal.  I do think they have a sound program that works for many people.  OA (overeaters annonomus) also works for many people.

I don't think it matters what you do as long as is it a healthy way to eat, to either lose or keep it off.  Everyones Dr group has a different method and none is perfect unless it works for you.

Personally, eating low carb, using protein suppliments and checking in here everyday pretty much works for me.  Yes, I have had some regain but my Drs are happy with where I am.  I would love to be about 5 lbs lighter but I can't add any more exercise or take away much more food so I keep trying and hope that over time, that 5 pounds will go away.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 304 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 428 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 491 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 510 views