The evenings are my downfall......

singdoremi
on 4/2/15 1:46 am - NJ

So..............the struggle continues.  After really great food planning and eating right, I tend to go overboard after the dinner hour. Do any of you NOT eat anything after the dinner meal? I am wondering if I should not plan for a "snack" after dinner, but incorporate the protein, etc. into the day somewhere.

I don't like it, but it may be necessary. Advice?

VSG 6/4/13
Ellen

italianspice
on 4/2/15 2:14 am - Eastlake, OH

If the after dinner hours are tough, maybe you need to schedule a protein snack to get you through. Are you eating enough during the day? Maybe you are truly hungry.

Sometimes for myself, I think I want to eat because I am tired or stressed, sometimes a hot beverage helps take the edge off. Getting away from my hubby watching tv helps also, because all those darn food commercials make me want to eat!

Good luck. I know it is tough.

~Maria

SW 230 Preop 205 GW 130 LW 131 CW 135 Ht 5'1"

Doingrightin2015
on 4/2/15 5:39 am
RNY on 03/10/15

I was told to not eat anything within 3 hours of bedtime. With that said. I am to have basically 5 small meals a day. (3 meals and 2 snacks) I usually can only hit 4 of those. I get up early usually 4:30 am during the week and usually go to bed around 9 at night. So my last meal is around 6

Doingitright2015

HW in life 282 HW265 at start SW 244 CW170

Navychic
on 4/2/15 6:32 am
RNY on 02/09/15

I wanna make it to maint & get down to your weight so as a newbie, I may not be the one to take advice from. 

But I try to keep some options in the fridge and if im tempted just limit myself to them.  Ie I have a tub of cottage cheese & another of Greek yogurt, or a couple ham rollups, or some of those small precut pieces of cheese.  The other and I know this is a little controversial, but I honestly drink one of my shakes/drinks at almost any hr, because I'm always attempting to reach that elusive protein goal and never quite doing it.  Especially with the SF Almond milk or water as a base and a low calorie/carb shake like the Syntrax most of us use, the numbers are really low except the protein...

Good luck at getting back to your goal!

I'm Jo   HW 245, SW 236, CW 151 Yeah (Normal BMI!!!!)

M1=213 (-23), M2=201 (-12), M3=186 (-15), M4=175(-11), M5=166(-9), M6=157(-9), M7=153(-4) 

cspotrun
on 4/2/15 12:47 pm
RNY on 07/01/14

Totally have the same problem.  I'm sitting in bed right now instead of the family room to keep away from the kitchen.  Nights are the worst!

Karen   

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 308 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 432 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 497 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 515 views