Disgusted with myself-again

singdoremi
on 3/16/15 12:55 am - NJ

I know this is a process, a journey. But I am slipping back into some bad patterns; patterns of extreme perfection and then a day or two of excess and grazing and bad choices. Then I feel physically sick, hung over the next day, and full of remorse. This past weekend was an example of the above. I am having trouble in social situations and I had two events this past weekend.

For today,

I have planned my entire food for the day and will only eat my meals(pre-determined and measured) and two mini protein meals(snacks). Not going to worry about exercise until I can get in to the groove of pre-planning everything. I can not let myself gain back the weight I fought so hard to lose.

Your lightweight VSG friend,

Ellen

VSG 6/4/13
Ellen

JB1114
on 3/16/15 1:22 am - Grain Valley, MO

You're wise to catch it before it becomes a bigger problem.  Grazing is so easy.  Everything goes down so easy.  I stopped that by scheduling my snacks at 10 a.m., 3 p.m. and 8:30 p.m.  Those dang carbs are so tasty but so not our friend.

I refuse to buy bigger clothes so I have to stay where I am.  I gained back some weight but I'm working to take it off.  There are some things in my closet that are too tight, but the majority of my clothes fit. 

Pre-planning is so important.  Take it one day at a time.

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

Roz !!!!
on 3/16/15 3:07 am - Butler, PA

I try really hard not to get down on myself when I have a bad day or sometimes even a week.  This is a "for life" decision we made and we aren't always going to be perfect.  I'm betting thin people have bad days and weeks too.

I've found in social situations if I hold off eating as long as I can I do much better because everyone else is almost done or finishing up so it doesn't give me as much time to over eat.  I usually go last through lines or spend more time talking/visiting before I start to eat.  We aren't supposed to drink before eating but sometimes in those situations I do drink so that I can't overeat.  I also don't usually deprive myself of something sweet but I pick the best looking and smallest piece I can find and I eat it really slow.

Don't keep looking back!  Start each day out new and strong.

(((HUGS)))

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Price S.
on 3/16/15 9:41 pm - Mills River, NC

Ellen, we are here for you.  You know, surgery was on our tummies, not our brains and we still need to work on our brains. 

I wish I had easy answers but if it were easy, we wouldn't have had surgery in the first place.  One day at a time is what helps me.  Trying to not graze and not keeping bad stuff around to graze on. 

See you on miles and menus.  That helps me be accountable.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Koko10
on 3/16/15 11:40 pm - NC

Hi Ellen, I totally understand what you are going through. I was a stress eater before and I find that I will stress eat in a minute and not realize that I'm doing it until I am bloated and feeling sick.

This may not be acceptable in all social settings but I take my snack with me in my purse. I will have a pack of nuts or protein bar in my purse. When everyone is walking around eating, I will nibble on it. If it's a sit down dinner, I space my meals out a little longer than usual, and put a small amount on my plate of the things that I can eat.  That has worked for me during weddings and office parties. I hope these suggestions help a little. Just know that you are not alone.

Height 5'0 HW-247; SW- 238; GW-140  

italianspice
on 3/17/15 12:20 am - Eastlake, OH

Ellen,

I too am struggling on maintenance, but you are aware now and know what to do. Like Roz says those refined carbs are evil! You have a plan in place and getting support. I know I tend to isolate myself instead of reaching out. Hang in there, we can do this!

~Maria

SW 230 Preop 205 GW 130 LW 131 CW 135 Ht 5'1"

lerkhart
on 3/17/15 2:22 am

Hi Maria,

It is good to see you!!  Hope you are doing ok.  I'm struggling to get this 10-12 pounds off that I put on this year by letting my eating get out of hand and no exercise, but I'm back on plan and exercising.

Linda

14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
italianspice
on 3/17/15 6:54 am - Eastlake, OH

Thanks Linda! Doing ok, had a 32 pound regain, from my lowest, but I am realizing that I need to follow the rules and stay connected. 

I still have restriction and need to follow my plan. I also need to start exercising more. Definitely slacked with a lot of things except for the liquid restrictions and my supplements.

So glad to hear that you are back on track, wish I would have done it sooner.

Maria

~Maria

SW 230 Preop 205 GW 130 LW 131 CW 135 Ht 5'1"

lerkhart
on 3/17/15 10:19 am

We can all do this together!!  My last labs showed my cholesterol up and they wanted to put me back on medicine.  That was a wake up call to me.  I asked them if I could get myself pulled back together and back to exercise and have it rechecked in 3 months.  He said I could and we would recheck in 6 months.  I do not want to get back on this medicine or end up back on diabetes medicine so I'm trying to get my act together!!

I still have restriction also when I eat the right things!!  That is a wonderful thing.

Linda

14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
lerkhart
on 3/17/15 2:24 am

Ellen,

I think we all probably have a moment where we think "What in the world am I doing to myself now?"  I was thinking I was in control and could do what I wanted without consequences - not true.  

We are here for you and there are a lot of us trying to maintain or lose some that we have gained(I have 10-12 pounds to get off).

I am back on Menus and Miles daily for accountability, back to exercising and back on my protein drinks.

Good luck.

Linda

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 308 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 432 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 497 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 515 views