One Year Out - Breaking a Stall Advice

butterfly3851
on 3/5/14 11:36 pm, edited 3/5/14 11:37 pm - TX

Okay - I posted this on the main VSG page but would like your help!

Yes, I've had many stalls over the last year and I just hung on and continued the same path of logging the food, getting in my protein & water, and eventually the scale would move. My weight has been the same for about 6 weeks (up and down same 1 lb) and I've increased my exercise. My calories seem to be up around 900 a day now. I will admit it is harder now to stay on plan - but I'm hanging in there wanting to get this last 25-30 pounds off (all in my belly) - I've lost 72. Weight loss has always been slow for me. I'm 55, a heart disease patient, and my blood work has never looked better. I did get my hormones tested by the GYN and I am low in estrogen, progesterone & testosterone and may start hormone therapy (have been hesitant because of family breast cancer history). GYN said hormone therapy will not help my weight loss. Thyroid is normal. This surgery has changed my life and probably saved my life! 

Jody ***
on 3/5/14 11:45 pm - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with

Stalls are tough....

could you post your typical eating for a day? How many carbs do you get a day?  How much protein?

I found when I stalled I had to mix things up a bit.  Change some of the foods I was eating, etc.  Being a year out it just gets tougher though, but I know folks can keep losing for quite awhile more.

You will also get some good advice from others.  I'm 5+ years out and am fighting maintenance....

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

Price S.
on 3/6/14 9:06 am - Mills River, NC

Congratulations on your success so far.  I was 61 when I had surgery and am now off all meds and have been nothing but pleased.

I never stalled, slowed down but never really had a long stall.  I did find that when I slowed way down, I could eat the same number of calories and still lose weight if I cut the carbs way back, like 30 or less net carbs.  Maybe try that and like Jody said, log your intake on Miles and menues and see if others have ideas. 

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

butterfly3851
on 3/6/14 10:50 am - TX

Okay - thanks.  I do need to cut down my carbs and get really diligent about it.  

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 304 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 428 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 491 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 510 views