4 year out Vitamin question x-post

Dnicko76
on 10/3/12 2:26 am - Lawton, OK
 Hey y'all I have many questions about being this many years out..... I know that I am going to get bashed BUT I have never taken my vitamins. I started out ok then just stopped within my first year. Now I am paying for it. I don't know what to ask my Dr. What to do. I am far away from my gastric surgeon. I have been in and out of mental hospitals for the past few years. I have been Dx'd with severe depression, bipolar, PTSD, anxiety, borderline personality disorder,body dismorphia. What is upsetting me is that I knew better but I was on 13 medications already and didn't want to take anymore pills. Now over the past year I have not been back to the hospital. The last time I was admitted was in October 2011. I have tried to commit suicide 4 times, all by taking overdose of pills. I stated seeing a new psych dr. He put me on Wellbutrin XL 300 mg Xanax 1.5 mg 3x daily adderall 20 mg 2x daily and rozerem 8mg bedtime. This combo seems to be working. Might need a little tweaking due to chronic insomnia. But I was on so much more. 2 years ago I was taking 10 different meds. I got a DWI in Texas because my driving was impaired. I do not drink I did not abuse pills. But my driving was impaired, and I didn't know it. What makes it worse was that I had my children in the car with me, we were going to a funeral of a family member. That conviction has ruined my life. They charged me with a felony. I received probation. My PO officer in OK said that it was crazy that I got a felony that I would have received a ticket. Then I moved to WI  and my PO here says that I would have gotten a ticket here as well. It does mess with my emotions to know that it ruined my life. I am in a marriages that I hate. My husband makes a great living. But since I cannot get a job due to my felony it makes it near impossible to leave. 

But my question is does not taking my vitamins ave anything to do with my teeth going to hell? 

**********edit***************
I have had to have 3 blood trandfusions due to my body not making something in my blood. I think potassium??? I am a retired military wife I have TRICARE as my insurance. They paid for my Bypass and my LBL. no problem. But the Dental insurance we have sucks. I need tons of work done on my teeth. Crowns all over. About 15k in dental work. I am at the point that I just want them to pull most of them and either give me a bridge or dentures. 

So what other things should I be on the lookout for by not taking my vitamins?

MajorMom
on 10/3/12 8:14 am - VA
Welcome back. (((hugs)))

Why not start back slowly with some vitamins maybe chewables that won't have you thinking about pills. I think several folks here take Bariatric Advantage multi in chewable form as well as their calcium citrate in chews. The calcium is what your teeth and bones need. You will likely be low on vitamin B-12 and you should be able to get injections for that. You iron may be a mess too but you'll need to see labs to know for sure. If you're still eating and drinking lots of protein that would be good because your body needs protein to absorb and process your vitamins. Here's a link to the labs you need to have done and once you get the results we can all pitch in and help you from there.

www.gblcreations.com/Resources/Gina/VitaLadysLabsandTargets_ 11-2009.doc 

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Roz !!!!
on 10/3/12 11:47 am - Butler, PA
 (((Hugs))) and Prayers! 

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Deb366
on 10/4/12 6:09 am
man oh man. You have a lot going on. Reaming you about not taking your vits isn't going to help. You have alot going on in your life and once you start focusing on self care and self love, I hope your life will go better.

To some extent you need to believe that you are worth taking care of....until you do, it will be hard to change your behaviors.

If you are asking about what you should do, I would have to say go back and start with what you were told you were supposed to take after your surgery.

You may need a therapist to help you with your personal issues and a medical doctor to help figure out what your body needs. But it doesn't matter what anyone says or reccomends until you are to the place where you are willing to follow through. Best of luck to you. ((HUGS))

Deb366

Currently 125  pounds
lerkhart
on 10/4/12 9:27 am, edited 10/4/12 9:27 am
I have read other post about vitamin deficiencies leading to teeth problems.

Bless your heart, you have had such a rough road.  I sure hope you can get it all straightened out.

Is there a doctor you can go to and get lab work done.  Gina posted the link to all that you need.  I would start there so you will know what all you really need to work on.  I think the minimum would be:

2 Multi vitamins - morning & night (Centrium Silver or Bariatric Advantage-not Flintstones-you can do chewable
B12 - shots or sublingual - sublingual daily - shots asked doctor  how often
Iron - mine has Vitamin C in it  and make sure it is Ferrous Fumarate(sp)
You probably need Vitamin D also make sure it is Dry Vitamin D (D3)
Calcium - make sure it is Calcium Citrate - I use the Bariatric Advantage Calcium Chewy Bites you need to take these 2 hours away from other vitamins so space them out during the day and only take 500 mg at one time so I have these at 3 times during the morning & afternoon.

I hope your new medicines continue to work and you can get the help that you deserve.  Please come back on the board if you need support.  We are all here to help you.  Take care of yourself.

Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 307 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 431 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 497 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 515 views