I have gained 40 pounds...

Frances T.
on 5/30/12 12:28 am - Houston, TX
I need inspiration.  I do not want to go back to what I was.  My heart breaks when I think about it.   I need discipline and encouragement.   I know what needs to be done - been there done that and have the t-shirt... I am having a terrible time trying to get back in the rythym that I was in the first 2 years post op.  That's why I'm here today.  This board was my life pre and post op.  It helped me so much.  I have told my self that I will watch this board like I used to.  So here's to getting right again!   Discipline! Discipline!  Discipline!
The greatest use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it.

5' 7" Pre-Op 253 / Surgery 229 / Current 180 / Goal 140  Met Goal 9/18/09  
Price S.
on 5/30/12 12:40 am - Mills River, NC
You are a year to the day ahead of me.  Read my post about the honeymoon is over and you will see that we are all in the same boat, to one degree or another.  Stick around and we will fight this battle together.  Maintainance is a lot harder than the weight loss was to begin with.  You can get those pounds back off.  I know you can.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Frances T.
on 5/30/12 10:06 pm - Houston, TX
 Thanks Price... As a matter of fact, I had read your post before I posted this one.  It was already inspiring me.  Thanks!!  We can be warriors together!!

Roz !!!!
on 5/30/12 12:52 am - Butler, PA
Francis it's great to see you!!!  

You can get your tool working again if you start back to the basics.  I know it's hard!  I've been stuggling with 4 pounds that I've gained so I'm betting you are overwhelmed.  The LW board keeps me aware every day that this isn't the easy way out and I have to work and be Disciplined to keep the pounds off.

We are here for you!!  It's not going to be easy but I know you can do this!!!

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Frances T.
on 5/30/12 10:14 pm - Houston, TX
Thanks Roz!!!  It really feels good to be back.  I'm going to try to be here every day.  It's so nice to see some of my dear faithful friends here.   So here's to Inspiration, Discipline, and Friends.   

MajorMom
on 5/30/12 1:21 am - VA
Hi, Frances.  We're here for you, babeeee!

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Frances T.
on 5/30/12 10:15 pm - Houston, TX
 You always have been and I love you for that!!!  This is such an amazing group of people.  I'm feeling "it" already!!!

Eliza55
on 5/30/12 1:37 am - PA
Hi Francis
Welcome back.  Take one day at a time, and do the basics.  You may not be able to forsee doing it for the rest of your life at this point, but remember how you had to fast for all those pre-op  tests?  You can follow the plan for your first day.  Report back to us, and then start the second day.  Also is there a local support group in your area?  That's a good way to get on track as well.

Personally, I also recommend starting some strength training.  Getting a trainer was the second best monetary decision I've made in the past couple of years (the best decision was self-pay RNY with a fantastic doc).  1/2 hour once a week, then I do the routines 2 more times.  As you may see in my other posts, this has reset my metabolism to a quite high level, and also really helped with how I look and feel.

We're the same height, and close to the same starting weight, so l'm here for you.
Eliza
Consult:239   SW:217  1mo:195  2mo:182  3mo:169   6mo:139  9mo GOAL CW: +2 from underweight

Frances T.
on 5/30/12 10:19 pm - Houston, TX
Oh my... with each post I read I get a little more encouraged and remember why I love this group of real people, The Lightweights!!!  

Question.... So are you suggesting I do the liquid protien for 2 weeks? That's what I had to do pre op.

lerkhart
on 5/30/12 2:22 am
Hi Francis and welcome back!!

You can do this because you still have your tool.  Are you drinking with your meals?  So many that post about regain are drinking with their meals.

I know that maintenance is sooo much harder than losing the weight.  I can eat a lot more now so I have had to increase my exercise.

We are here for you!!

Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 304 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 428 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 491 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 510 views