Coffee Anyone

mymaluv
on 11/28/11 10:57 pm
What is the deal with Coffee with caffeine,  I am drinking Pro Joe protein coffee. I keep seeing post saying not to drink coffee with caffeine.  What does coffee do to you.  It does not make make me hungry.  Does it stop weight loss.  I keep seeing Broshea coffee it is suppose to help with weight loss. 
Stacey N.
on 11/28/11 11:08 pm - Chesapeake, VA
Too much caffiene can dehydrate the body. Limited quantities allows us to stay hydrated more.
mymaluv
on 11/28/11 11:21 pm
Thanks. I only have one Pro Joe a day it is 9.5oz.
Price S.
on 11/29/11 5:07 am - Mills River, NC
There are pros and cons to caffeine.  I think once you get a few months out, it is personal choice.  I have chosen to stay mostly decaf but I will drink a green tea or have a little real coffee from time to time when I need to stay wake driving. 

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

kimberly_gr
on 11/29/11 8:21 am
My surgeon cleared me for coffee pretty early out from surgery--probably when I was at the pureed food stage.  He said a cup or 2 in the morning wouldn't dehydrate me.  However, I do believe it can be a appetite stimulate.  I still work it in every day.  It's the one thing I truly love to ingest every day.

I don't know anything about broshea coffee--can't help you there.
Kim
5'0"
"In two decades I've lost a total of 789 pounds. I should be hanging from a charm bracelet."  Erma Bombeck

MacMadame
on 11/29/11 1:25 pm - Northern, CA
People believe that caffeine is dehydrating but it's not. There are plenty of studies that show caffeine consumption does not cause you to expell more water per day than you would if you didn't drink it.

It can make you pee more often though. But if you drink it regularly that effect wears off.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 300 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 426 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 487 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 506 views