Emotions

mymaluv
on 11/10/11 10:39 pm
Hi everyone,

I am not sure what is going on but my emotions are all over the place.  I feel so lost.  I have not lost any weight this week at all.  I am not sure if I doing things right or not.  If I drink a PS in the morning then I have to wait at least 4 to 5 hours to eat or drink another shake.  I am trying to ge****er in  an hour after I have a PS but I can not get much in.  I did try to eat food for a two days but my weight went up I did not want to eat any more. If I eat 4 or 5 hours later then it has to be less than 3 tablespoons. If i do that then I am full for the rest of the day. If I pu**** and eat or drink another shake then I will be in pain for hours.  I am taking B-12 but it hurts my pouch.  I have not really started exercising yet.  I walk about 3 times a week for 20 to 30 min.  I know I can eat soft foods now but will it stop my weight loss.  How can I tell how much protein I am getting if I eat soft foods when I can not eat a full serving.

Koko10
on 11/11/11 12:14 am - NC
I don't have all of the answers but I do have some of the symptoms you have. I had to build up to my meals. I broke my shakes down into 2 for a while because drinking the entire thing made me too full. I try to eat or drink something every 3 hours. My portion sizes are still small and I struggle to get the entire amount of protein needed each day but I get more in when I cut the portion sizes down and have my meals every 3 hours. Hope this helps.

Height 5'0 HW-247; SW- 238; GW-140  

Jody ***
on 11/11/11 12:20 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
Ok - lets take this step by step.

Its very common about week 3 to hit a "stall" or slow down.  Your body is now saying "what the heck did you do to me".  Its very normal.  Just keep doing the right things and the weight will fall off.  One day you'll wake up and be down 3 lbs or so...  Now - did you take your measurements before your surgery?  We recommend that because during these times when the scale's not moving, you will still be losing inches - I can tell you it saved my sanity during those times. 

Ok - why do you have to wait at least 4-5 hours before you have another protein shake?  Is it your just too full or did your NUT tell you that?  Early out it seems like you're constantly putting food or drink in your mouth... because you can only do it in very small increments - and to get all  you need in.  You also don't have to wait an hour after drinking you protein shake to start drinking water.  Its all fluids. 

What kind of food did you try to eat when your weight went up?  Did it have a lot of sodium in it?  I know its not easy, but put the scale away for awhile.  I was a self-professed scale ***** too, but really, you need to do that to save your sanity.  Weigh once a week.  Same day, same time every week. 

You need to take sublingual B-12's.  Those are the kind that mult under your tongue.  That shouldn't be hurting your pouch as it never makes it there.  If its a pill you're taking, you won't absorb much of it at all.  Don't worry about exercise right now.  Just walk if you're up to it.  I didn't start back to exercising for about 2 months. 

Measure your food.  Use measuring cups or a scale.  Eat what you can - and right now you should be getting the majority of your protein from your protein shakes. 

Don't stress - it will all come together.

Oh, as far as the emotions - we store our hormones in fat, as you quickly lose fat the hormones are released quickly into your system - hence the emotional issues.  Very normal.  Can happen for a short period of time to a longer - all depends on the person.

Hang in there!  Keep asking questions - the best way to deal with this is to know what's going on!!

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

Price S.
on 11/11/11 12:41 am - Mills River, NC
Great answer, Jody.

I'll just reinforce going slow.  If you are full in a couple of bites, wait and try again later.  Concentrate on getting your liquid in. Some folks do better with warm, some cold.  I could do much more protein or plain liquid if I did warm.  I kept drinking, sipping on something all day, except for the 30 min after food.  Fluid should be going pretty much straight through your pouch and shouldn't make you full at leat not for very long. 

It will get better and getting everything in will be easier.

If you can't do the B12 sublinguals, there are nasal sprays and shots.

Your weight will go up and down and sometimes you will have no clue as to why.  It is just what happens and may be poop, extra fluid or your body just holding on.  Don't worry about it.  Put the scale away.

It really will get better.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

mymaluv
on 11/11/11 3:48 am
When I make my shakes I use 8oz of lactose free milk it also gives me 500mg of calcium. I put it in the blender then it gets all fluffy so it ends up looking like 16oz or two cups.  I get full off of the 8oz and I save the other half for later. The PS always seem to be thick. I only use one scoop of powder.  They told me after the surgery never drink more than 8oz of fluid in one hour.  I am not sure if there is to much air in my PS because I put it in the blender.  When I did eat I ate I ate according to the plan they gave me 7:30-8:00 3 tablespoons of eggs for breakfast, 8:30-9:30  PS (Slimfast) 10:00-10:30 2 tablespoons of low fat yogurt, 11-12 1 cup of water, 12:30-1pm 2 tablespoons of chicken 2tbs of green beans, 1:30-2:30 PS Slimfast after that I was done.  It has me eating/drink up till 10pm
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 300 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 426 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 487 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 506 views