Routines

mymaluv
on 10/2/11 11:30 am
Does anyone have a good routine as far as taking your supplements, protein, exercise.   How do you fit your proteins in.  I am required to have 60gs of protein a day.  I wanted to get a routine started.  I know you should have breakfast within 2 hours of waking up but I also know that your burn more calories if you workout then eat.    I have kids so I get then up around 6:30am they are at school by 8:00am I wanted to start walking (exercising)  around 8:00am so that I can have time to myself. The problem is I get up at 6am so by 8am it will be time for me to eat breakfast.  Are there any really big pill storage box's that I could get to put my pills in.

aspan
on 10/2/11 11:56 am
ultimately you have to find a routine that works best for you..You will find that most of us exceed 60 grams or protein a day..personally I feel my best at 100 grams but usually get around 80..I do this by drinking a protein shake or coffee first thing in the morning and then eating every 2-3 hours a protein snack..Personally when I was exercising in the morning I would have my protein drink before exercising and drink water while I exercised..then it was pretty close to having another protein snack after that...I now exercise mid day so its different...Im sure someone else will chime in about supplements schedule. I know several follow vitalady's supplement guide..
HW: 260? SW: 242 Surgeons GW: 150 First GW: 140 Second GW: 130 CW: 122      
MajorMom
on 10/2/11 6:53 pm - VA
Congratulations! 

It a process to figure out what works best for you. Keep in mind your surgeon's office is telling you what they think, not what they know from experience. I also get more than 100 grams of protein via shakes and protein coffee and eat every couple of hours if not more and I follow Vitalady's vitamin plan and altered her schedule a bit to fit me. Here are some links that might be helpful.

--gina

Links:
www.gblcreations.com/Resources/Gina/VitaladysPre-op_ideas_11-2009.doc

www.gblcreations.com/Resources/Gina/ProgramPRNY2-2010.pdf

www.gblcreations.com/Resources/Gina/ProgramChewable2-2010.pd f

www.gblcreations.com/Resources/Gina/VitaLadysLabsandTargets_ 11-2009.doc

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

italianspice
on 10/2/11 9:39 pm - Eastlake, OH

I always start off the day with a protein drink. I dont like to eat before I exercise, so I have another protein drink before that. I will usually have one in the afternoon before supper when I want to start grazing too. That gives me atleast 75g of protein a day.

I have a little tupperware container I carry my vites in when at work or out. In the morning I line up some little medicine cups with my vites.

It will take some trial and error to get your routine down. I think by 3 months I finally was getting in all my vites protein and liquids in. So make sure you have a plan and adjust accordingly.

~Maria

SW 230 Preop 205 GW 130 LW 131 CW 135 Ht 5'1"

Price S.
on 10/2/11 9:50 pm - Mills River, NC
For it to work, it has to make sense in your routine.  I start with a protein coffee as soon as I get up.  I do my first vits then too.  I take my mid day calcuim right before I eat so I can remember those.  I get 20oz of fluid in before each meal and don't eat until I have.  Time for a meal and haven't gotten the fluid in, it can wait until I do (doesn't take long after you are past the sip stage).  I do my last vits right before bed.  I don't need iron, post menopausal and that simplifies things a lot for me. 

I have a huge pill box that holds morning and evening doses for a week.  Then I have my extra calcuim and B-12 on the computer so I can not miss them.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

lerkhart
on 10/3/11 2:08 am
Here is my schedule.  I too try to get in over 100 grams of protein because I feel so much better.

Between 6:30 and 7am - Iron Pill, Prilosec(generic) then Protein Decaf Coffee
Shower & Read for work
around 7:45 Vitamins(Bariatric Chewable Multi, Milk Thistle, B12, B complex, Allergy Pill, Stool Softners, Magnesium Pill-can't remember the others)
8:15 Decaf Coffee
9-9:30 Lemon Tea Protein Drink
10:00 - 10:30 2 Bariatric Advantage Calcium Chews
11:30 - 12:00 Lunch
1:00 2 BA Calcium Chews
1:30 - Lemon Tea Protein Drink
4:00 - Snack if I have one - Greek Yogurt with crystal lite in it or some type of fruit
4 - 4:30 2 BA Calcium Chews
5:30 - Water w/ crystal lite and exercise for the day
7:00 - Supper
8:30 - 9pm - Snack if I have one.  Frozen Protein Drink or something
9:30 - BA Multi Vitamin, Cholesterol Pill, Magnesium Pill

It is a full schedule, but I do better with a schedule and during work days than I do on the weekends.
Good luck.
Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 300 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 427 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 487 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 506 views