Fitness Challenge - August 11th

Lee ~
on 8/11/10 12:00 am - CA
Morning Peeps!

Gina's off the exercise today because she got a note from the nurse.  So I guess we need to make up her walk for her.  Let's get moving and show her we care.

My weigh day is Wednesday.  I'm actually up 2 ounces from last week.  Unbelievable given the exercise I'm doing.  Calories have been good but maybe a little too many carbs with Zach cooking.  Still can't eat much so maybe I'll buy the myth that muscle weighs more than fat, even though in trust, I know that a pound weighs a pound, they just look and feel different.

My plan for the day:
Walk the lake to work - 3 miles
Walk home - 1/2 mile
Walk at lunch - 30 minutes of fast moving through downtown

Tonight my WLS mini support group is coming to walk the lake (3.5 miles) while we talk.

I should have in 8+ miles by the end of the day.

What's your plan for the day?  How are you feeling? Are you working out in the gym or in the streets?  

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

(deactivated member)
on 8/11/10 12:37 am
I'm hitting the streets--I can't stand the thought of paying for a gym membership when its so beautiful out.  I try to run about 20 miles a week but I am having hip pain that occurs during my run and even throughout the next day.  This is pretty common but I'm not sure what to do for it other than ice and rest.  I might need to think of a new activity --perhaps just walking or Zumba.

valleyfree
on 8/11/10 1:21 am - OR
I got in 3.25 miles today -- 1.5 miles walking uphill. 1.75 miles jogging downhill.
HW 247/SW 232/CW 135/GW 140 Height 5'4"  Age 43 A BIT BELOW GOAL

Shannon D.
on 8/11/10 1:37 am
I'm gonna run the 5K route for the race I am training for as soon as my son goes to bed tonight. I really prefer working out early in the morning, but moving the schedule back an hour to accomodate my new work schedule next week is just not do-able for me. Hopefully the humidity will go away a little bit so I can breathe lol.

5'0"   HW-214   SW-186  GW-115  CW-96-99 
  LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

Price S.
on 8/11/10 6:47 am - Mills River, NC
I did Curves this morning before work.  On the days when I have to work early, and I can't do the ponies when it is cooler, Curves works for me.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 303 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 427 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 487 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 507 views