Walking, Walking, Walking

graciesmommie
on 8/4/10 1:59 am
Walking they say is the key to breaking through the pain. I just got off 15 minutes on the treadmill. I think it is helping my pain level. The doctor said it is important in strengthening those stomach muscles. I actually slept in my own bed last night. Hubby propped up every pillow we had but I slept in my own bed. Didn't wake up hurting either. Got a shower this morning. Man it felt good. Wish I could keep from getting couch head... that seems impossible. Stomach is swollen. Hope that goes away. The doctor said he cleaned up a lot of adhessions while he was in there. Even though I am in pain I feel better in a lot of ways. Anybody else been through hernia repair?? Wondering when the swelling will go away?
Nothing tastes as good as this feels!                                                                     
MajorMom
on 8/4/10 2:25 am - VA
OH, please let me post this time.....

I'm glad you're feeling better. Don't forget to rest and have DH wait on you hand and foot.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

browneyedDeeva
on 8/4/10 4:55 am - NY
RNY on 05/03/13 with
awwww feel betterrrrrrrrrr i think swelling maybe up to 6 weeks i think

see ya lighter,

Toni                         

italianspice
on 8/4/10 11:49 pm - Eastlake, OH
So glad to hear you are healing.
I dont know about the swelling, but if he did alot of work it may take awhile.
Great job with the walking.
Maria
Lee ~
on 8/5/10 12:15 am - CA
I'm glad you got to sleep in your own bed and didn't wake up hurting.

I don't know about the swelling.  I didn't know that I had a hernia until I woke up from surgery.  Apparently I did have one and the doc took care of it while doing my Sleeve.  I don't know what swelling was from what.  Sorry to not be of more help.

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 303 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 427 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 487 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 507 views