I Have A Surgery Date!!!!

aimbelina
on 1/1/12 10:56 am - MA
 I am so excited! I have a date for surgery! I am scheduled for 2/27/12 for gastric bypass. At first I was a little upset because it seemed so far away, but now I realize it is going to come very quickly. Today is January 1st and February is just around the corner! I have already begun going over the booklet my nutritionist gave me of the things I will be able to eat after surgery and have begun making a shopping list to stock up on the items. I am counting down the days and am so excited to finally make this change!
aimbelina
on 1/7/12 10:54 am - MA
 UPDATE!!! My surgery has been moved up to 1/23/12 due to a cancellation!! So excited. I start the 2 week pre-op diet tomorrow. The only thing that stinks about my surgery date is that it is my son's birthday. i am going to have a small party for him the day before but it stinks that i will not be able to eat anything! i have to be on clear liquids only the day before surgery. so far i am so excited. no nerves, yet. sure they will come very soon though!
chefstacielynn
on 1/9/12 8:24 am - TX
RNY on 01/16/12
 congrats on getting you date and good luck with the pre op diet
 dont worry be happy      
artroxy blue
on 1/12/12 10:46 am - MA
RNY on 08/14/12
 Congrats! 

How is the pre-surgery diet going?
aimbelina
on 1/12/12 11:22 am - MA
 pre-op is  going ok. its not easy though. i have never eaten so many vegies in my life! i don't know about other people but my pre-op consists of 6 carnation instant breakfast shakes a day along with 1 serving each of vegetable, starch and fruit.  i wish i didn't have to do this diet for 2 weeks though. i am so ready to get it done. counting down the days!

artroxy blue
on 1/12/12 11:44 am - MA
RNY on 08/14/12
It will be worth in the end 
Autumn Jensen
on 2/2/12 2:38 pm - Lind, WA
RNY on 03/06/12
HOW ARE YOU DOING? I'VE NOTICED THAT YOU HAD YOUR SURGERY ALREADY SO WAS JUST CURIOUS. HOPE YOU ARE DOING GREAT AND HEALING QUICKLY WITH OUT COMPLICATIONS AND NOT IN TO MUCH PAIN.

AUTUMN

aimbelina
on 2/3/12 8:13 am - MA
 Thanks! I am doing great! I'll be 2 weeks post op on Feb 6th! My hospital stay was not that bad, I actually got to go home a day early cause they said I was doing so good! I did not have alot of pain, just discomfort, but all that is gone now. I got my staples removed on the 1st so I feel normal again, whatever that means! Hope all goes well with you. Good Luck!!
Most Active
Recent Topics