Recent Posts

82much
on 1/16/17 7:47 pm
VSG on 11/28/16
Topic: RE: why does my back hurt when I eat too fast?

I realize this is 8 years old, but do you still get this?  I am almost 8 weeks post op and it happens to me.  I have a very hard time slowing down my eating.

Hope all is good.

mandyvachon
on 8/4/16 8:53 am
Topic: I'm sure my questions mirror everyone else's but...

I'm still posting as I feel overwhelmed with searching through everything. 

I feel like I have no other options. I am overweight, have PCOS, and eventually want to start a family. I've done everything (or so it feels like) with little success. I'm pursuing weight loss surgery because it worked for my mother. She's 5 years out and has had nothing but success minus some loose skin concerns. I'm hoping that being so young, I won't have as many issues (though I don't expect there to be none). 

I keep seeing all of these horror stories of how it didn't work... Do you think it's because people didn't fix other things in their lives? Do you think it's much deeper? It seems like there's a level of negativity and judgment that comes with WLS that I don't see in other ways. I guess I was hoping for more support. 

PenguinArmy
on 6/29/16 8:40 pm
Topic: Feeling lost

I just turned 26 years old and I have been suffering with weight loss for the better part of my life. I have tried everything, diets, exercise, calorie counting, trying to run which eventually turns into almost dying. I have wanted weight loss surgery since 2013 but my insurance wouldn't cover it. Now I'm under new insurance that possibly will.... but I have questions. Can anyone possibly help me out? Kinda questions I have are how much weight did you lose? How does your body look after you have reached your peak weight loss? Will insurance cover cosmetic surgery? And how long was your recovery time? Just to name a few. 

Thank you in advance. 

Dana1411
on 6/1/16 6:01 am
Topic: RE: New to forum and WLS - 25 years old and interested in VSG

Hi Amber. I know your post is old. I was wondering how you were doing now? Did you experience any loose skin? Did you reach your goal weight? 

saletiajohnson
on 2/11/16 3:28 pm - anchorage, AK
Topic: Gastric Bypass Q&A Support

Hi you guys! I did a gastric bypass video on YouTube. I was wondering if you guys could help me with any questions that come as  a new comer looking into it! I started the first Q&A and I would love to do a second! Its been 7 years (time flies) and I cant remember what I would have asked myself back then. If I could get some random questions to discuss on my next video that would be awesome. Here's a link below to my video if anyone has suggestions!

https://youtu.be/JYHPt4OIeb8 

Please comment with suggestions!

Also, should I do a plastic surgery video?

Thanks in advance you guys!!

HW:333 SW:309 (7/14/09) CW:135

Plastics In MEXICO on 09/07/2015.

Arm lift/ Thigh lift / breast lift w/ implants/ lower body lift

TexanSleever86
on 12/26/15 11:47 am
VSG on 06/17/15
Topic: RE: Looking for support/friends from peers

That is awesome!  I have lost 91 lbs total (80 since surgery 6 months ago).  Good luck with everything!  The first 6-8 weeks really suck, but I promise it will get SO MUCH BETTER and be worth all of the misery!!!

Just get some protein drinks that you like and stick with them.  I still drink Isopure to meet my daily protein goals.  Feel free to message me with questions! Aside from the normal eating things, I've dealt with hormone changes, changes to my depression/anxiety, whacky periods, hair loss, flappy arms, etc etc, as a result of the surgery/weight loss and would be more than happy to share any tips or insights with you.  I joined a facebook group for women that all had VSG in June 2015 and they have been a great help/support.  Find one for December 2015 sleevers!  

Christmas was a little rough - I basically ate a slice of the beef tenderloin we cooked and had half of a bite of some of the sides and was done.  The smells were nice, though :)  I still am eating 90% protein and then 10% veggies/fruits.  Occasionally I will sneak in a bite of something sweet.  I am "allowed" to eat bread/rice/pasta now... but I've found that bread and rice are awful.  After one to two bites I can feel it expand in my tummy and I feel sick from being excessively full.  I tried each one time and that was enough to stay away!  Pasta is ok for a few bites, but this a rare meal for me (mainly when I am out or with family, etc).

5'6"  HW: 264 SW: 252 CW: 173 GW: 150

Jolly_ICU_RN
on 12/25/15 6:10 pm
WLS on 12/29/15
Topic: RE: Looking for support/friends from peers

I feel like you're my weightloss twin! I'm 5'6" starting weight was 173 and I'm in my 20's and I live in Texas!!! Thanks for posting this! I'm having surgery in 3 days, and it will be good to see what someone my age and size went through! Feel free to "friend" me if you want to!

Ciel_C
on 11/5/15 11:49 am
Topic: RE: Surgery meeting

You're welcome! Good luck to you as well!

mootieoc2
on 11/5/15 6:40 am

thank you very much I look forward to seeing him and learning about all my options.. good luck on your journey 

Ciel_C
on 11/4/15 6:17 am

I actually don't remember all that happened on my first visit. It went by so fast! I do remember he went over the options for surgery and made sure that I knew which one I wanted. He explained the pros and cons and that was it! Good luck on your journey. I am currently 1 month Post-Op and it was the best decision of my life!

Most Active
Recent Topics
I regret getting so big
mirandamacie · 0 replies · 466 views
Any "surgery twins" ??
Vampy · 11 replies · 2208 views
Loose skin at 21
nataliaxrivera · 2 replies · 4112 views
Feeling lost
PenguinArmy · 1 replies · 6670 views