Question of the Day

Karyn6899
on 7/28/05 3:54 am - Chicago, IL
Hi Kids! Okay so here is our question of the day for today.... If/When you are post op, what is your biggest fear(s)? Mine, I have two, 1. Really saggy skin all over! 2. Gaining weight again after I have gotten to my goal. Hope you all are doing Great! Bridget 280/277/140 Lap RNY 8/8/05
Still fat but happy
on 7/28/05 6:17 am - phoenix, AZ
Not losing all of the weight I need to lose. Im over 3 months post op, almost 21 years old. So far ive lost 65 pounds, 5 before surgery,60 after, another 100 to go..... wish me luck
~*Ellen H.
on 7/28/05 8:56 am - Western, MA
Hmmm.... Saggy skin is a big one for me. As well as having some sort of complication. I really dont want to be back in the hospital! LOL Right now though, nothing to worry about. My doctor says Im doing great! Hope you are too! Ellen
J T
on 7/28/05 10:04 am - Brooklyn, NY
My 2 biggest fears would be saggy skin and not being able to feel like me after surgery. I've always been the fattest of my friends and I'm used to it that way, I'm used to me being this way and so are my friends and fam. I just don't want to change after surgery, I dont want my fam and friends treating or looking at me differently..I want a new body but I still want to be me.
MarianneS
on 7/28/05 10:44 am - MD
1. Gaining my weight back 2. Being stuck at my current weight, I want to get to 120 sooooooooo bad. 3. Having another bowel obstuction...............worst thing ever, I had one at 2 months post-op Not WLS related but my biggest fear over all would be losing my husband like my mother lost my father at a young age. He is my world! --Marianne 5'0 256/138/120
DEPSWIFEY4LIFEY
on 7/30/05 11:54 am - LONG ISLAND CITY, NY
My Worse nightmare would be to have complications I just wanna go under the knife once and thats it and the second is saggy skin my sister who is 1 year post op she was in her late 20's and her doctor told her as long as she works out regulary through out of major weight lose day she will be tone my sister lost almost 200lbs like 160 or so and she has no baggy skin the Dr said its because young skin has more elasticty (I am sure that is spelled wrong) but u get my drift LATA
Kimmie
on 7/30/05 12:17 pm - Cobb, WI
I think that my biggest fear is have major complication before or after surgery. I'm not too worried about the sagging skin...just so long that I am healthy!
Most Active
Recent Topics
I regret getting so big
mirandamacie · 0 replies · 466 views
Any "surgery twins" ??
Vampy · 11 replies · 2208 views
Loose skin at 21
nataliaxrivera · 2 replies · 4112 views
Feeling lost
PenguinArmy · 1 replies · 6669 views