OT: I wrote to the Oprah show

heather.lisco
on 7/27/05 12:33 pm - New Albany, IN
I don't know why I did it. I feel kind of at my wits end over my situation with my father. The last time I saw him was the night of my high school graduation (May 30, 1997). Since that time, no one, not my mom, my grandma, my aunts and uncles have heard from or seen him. He is getting a partial disability check from the army, and all they can tell us is that he is still receiving his check. Same thing goes for social security. They tell me that he is paying in to social security (i.e. he's working), but that's all they will tell me. I also have a half brother that I have never met that I am trying to locate. I guess my thought is that I want to have closure to all of this stuff in my life before I go in for surgery, in case I don't make it out. So, who knows? Maybe I'll end up on Oprah and having a big reunion with my dad, my brother, and my kids. Yeah, my dad doesn't even know he's a grandfather. Heather
~*Ellen H.
on 7/27/05 1:47 pm - Western, MA
That is so sad, Good Luck with the Oprah show, I hope they can help you. Ellen
CrystalT
on 7/28/05 11:19 am - Okeechobee, FL
have you tried searching with one of the poeple locators on the internet? It costs like $35 but it usually works. Good Luck, Crystal
Most Active
Recent Topics
I regret getting so big
mirandamacie · 0 replies · 466 views
Any "surgery twins" ??
Vampy · 11 replies · 2208 views
Loose skin at 21
nataliaxrivera · 2 replies · 4112 views
Feeling lost
PenguinArmy · 1 replies · 6670 views