Scared to DEATH......NEVER hungry

mxm622
on 5/1/15 8:56 am

I had my RNY 6 years ago. All of a sudden, I am NEVER hungry. My husband has to remind me to eat, I constantly feel full, as if I've just eaten a 10 course meal. I'm barely making my 80 grams of protein a day and can barely eat over 800 calories a day. I'm seeing my surgeon at the end of this month. I force feed all day. I feel like I'm standing over a trough being held down. Every time I DO eat, It gives me gas and stomach aches and sometimes it just goes right through me. I'm flying through my anxiety meds, I'm so scared. Has this happened to anyone else?

~Melissa

cmp067
on 5/6/15 8:13 am
VSG on 03/23/12

I have the opposite, hungry a lot...I think you should see your doctor ASAP, especially if this is new or different than what you've experienced over the past 6 years. You might have a blockage or something? Don't know since I had the sleeve, but I would get to your doctor sooner rather than later! 

Laura in Texas
on 5/6/15 9:54 am

Have you spoken to your surgeon about this? I do have periods where I have to make myself eat, but I am never in pain.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

jastypes
on 5/7/15 10:54 am - Croydon, PA

I am hoping that by now you have seen a doctor.  Not being hungry and constantly feeling full are 2 different things.  My hunger never returned, but eating by the clock is not difficult or painful for me.  Let me know what happens.

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

mama2418
on 5/30/15 8:05 am
RNY on 02/13/14

I am not sure why this is happening and you should always see your doctor for things like this. But to me it sounds like it could be diverticulitis. It is very treatable, I have it and my grandmother has it. They usually have to do a colonoscopy and then they put you on antibiotics. My grandmother can't eat when it flares up. So just to ease your mind, don't worry too much. 

"This too shall pass" and then we go shopping!   

Most Active
Recent Topics