Hello Everyone Newbie Here

fatsuitbegone
on 10/19/18 12:15 pm

I'm re-posting this here because the FL VSG forum seems like its not that active.

Hello everyone my name is Penelope

I've researched VSG in the past but now I'm serious and want/need to get it done. My current weight is 253lbs Height 5'7. The first thing I'm doing is joining Weigh****chers (for 6 months) and start going to my PCP. Ive found a Dr. that was recommend here by Kdiva Dr. Paul Wizman in Margate FL. I forgot to mention I have medicaid.

Any other tips that you guys may have would be greatly appreciated

Off I go to research the rest of this forum

THANK YOU

gh438
on 10/19/18 1:13 pm
VSG on 10/18/18

Welcome. Look forward to sharing the journey with you. There are amazing people here who will share their experiences and knowledge with you.

Surgery Date: 10/18/2018

6'1" Male

HW: 471. SW: 459 (post). GW: 225

fatsuitbegone
on 10/19/18 2:00 pm

Thank you very much How are you feeling?

gh438
on 10/19/18 2:06 pm
VSG on 10/18/18

A lot better than expected. I feel pretty good.

Surgery Date: 10/18/2018

6'1" Male

HW: 471. SW: 459 (post). GW: 225

fatsuitbegone
on 10/19/18 2:11 pm

I'm glad take care and happy healing. keep us updated on your progress

Kristi T.
on 10/20/18 9:46 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Welcome! Keep coming back, you found the right place for great support and information. Consider checking out the "Watcha Eating VSGers?" It's a daily thread where we post our food plan for the day to help with accountability, answer a Question of the Day and post Non Surgical Victories.

fatsuitbegone
on 10/20/18 10:13 am

Thanks for the warm welcome and thank you for suggesting different threads I can look at Every little bit of information helps.

(deactivated member)
on 10/20/18 9:58 am, edited 10/20/18 3:03 am

Also in FL and Dr. Wizman will be my surgeon too! I've been trying WLS since 2014 and this is now try #4 (the last try was just a month ago but the extra fees were not disclosed to me so I had to put a hold on that). Health insurance and money really got in my way and I am finally in a position to pay for WLS self-pay as my insurance won't cover it at all, even if it is determined medically necessary (I've asked). Anyway, a family member went to Dr. Wizman and has nothing but good to say. We are the opposite side of the state 3 hours away but going there is better than heading down to Mexico! My phone consultation is October 30, hoping to get WLS before the end of the year. Already got my psych clearance from amonth ago so I'll need the okay from Dr. Wizman, blood work, EKG, and chest x-ray.

Wishing you luck on your journey and I can keep you updated on how the doc is!

Oh, BTW, I had Medicaid when we moved to FL and attempted to get WLS (try #2) with that. I quickly found out it was not covered, only the Medicare side was.

fatsuitbegone
on 10/20/18 10:58 am

Thanks for responding Yea Ive read rave reviews online Dr. Wizman seems like an amazing doctor. Really I thought he accepted Medicaid? If he doesn't my next option is doing it at Memorial Hospital. There's a you-tuber by the name of Jenny VSG chica that Ive been subscribed to and she has Medicaid share of cost and she was able to get her surgery paid for. Ive been to Memorial Hospital before to visit a loved one and the staff there are amazing. I do have a question maybe you can help. Do I need to visit with the surgeon first to tell him I want VSG? or Do I need to find a PCP and tell them I want the surgery?

Good luck on your journey I cant wait to see your updates

(deactivated member)
on 10/20/18 12:42 pm

Honestly I don't know how the Medicaid works. I looked in to it and the health insurance that I had via Medicaid didn't pay for surgery. I believe I had Sunshine. Your first step would be to connect with the insurance company you picked and ask if it is covered and their requirements for it. You really don't want to waste your time with 6 months of WW just to find out your plan won't pay for surgery. If they will then connect with your PCP. Some insurance companies require the 6 months but it has to be supervised and documented. At least that would be the route I'd take. Nothing like getting your hopes up then everything crashing down.

Most Active
Recent Topics