Headaches

MommaGbear
on 6/17/15 7:59 am
VSG on 04/29/15 with

I'm about 7 weeks out from surgery, and things are going pretty well. However, I also live in the desert. I am back at work, and I have to drive a lot. I keep water with me, and I drink drink drink all day. I'm getting plenty of fluid in. However, for the past several days, I'm getting headaches almost every day. I'm trying to figure out why. They aren't terrible headaches, but they are really annoying. I am wondering if it could be something in how I'm eating (lots of protein, minimal carbs) combined with the heat? Or something else? I'm trying to be extra diligent about my vitamins (I sometimes forget) to see if that helps. But, I don't really think that's the issue.

Anyone else experienced headaches after surgery? I got headaches sometimes before, but not daily like this.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/17/15 8:22 am
RNY on 08/05/19

I live in Tucson, so I totally feel your pain!

Drinking lots of water helped a bunch, I tend to get headaches when I'm dehydrated.

Do you wear glasses or contacts? I found that after a few months, my prescription had changed a bit (-.5) and I needed new glasses; I get headaches when my prescription is out of date. Apparently it's possible for your eyes to change shape and have the prescription thrown off when you lose a bunch of weight!

When is your next checkup with your surgeon? Your bloodwork may be able to identify potential issues as well.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

mickeymantle
on 6/17/15 9:13 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

might be good to talk to your pcp maybe do blood work to check that your vits are ok

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

rocky513
on 6/17/15 10:27 am - WI

The headaches could be triggered by hormonal imbalance.  When we lose weight rapidly the estrogen that is stored in our fat is released and can cause headaches along with MAJOR mood swings.

Dehydration can cause headaches.  Artificial sweeteners can too.

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

Jp2lose
on 6/17/15 11:56 am - Omaha, NE
A lot of things can trigger headaches and migraines. Google the headache diet and you'll find a huge list of foods that are known to trigger headaches for some people. The big ones are processed lunch meats and cheese. Look at what you've been eating consistently and try eliminating those for awhile to see if it helps. I know this isn't easy since our diet is so limited already!

lil1inside
on 6/18/15 2:23 pm
VSG on 07/10/13

Just thought I'd throw this in the mix--Are you taking Biotin by any chance?  Biotin gave me headaches--I've not heard this alot though.  Hope they cease soon!

Started at (266 lbs)          Pre-op (249) 7/10/13             Present (173) 03/19/14
No star is lost once we have seen, We always may be what we might have been.
Adelaide Proctor

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 132 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 391 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 422 views