Dr. said not to lose more weight!

butterfly3851
on 11/10/14 2:33 am - TX

Wow!  Just had my annual physical with my internist (who advised me & my husband to have VSG) - I'm 21 months out and still struggling to lose the last 20 lbs.  My internist is so excited about my perfect blood work the last two years - the blood pressure readings & our lifestyle changes with exercise a priority that he was almost dancing a jig!  (We've seen him through the last 20 years through all of our health struggles - me - a heart attack & stent and my husband with diabetes and blood clots).  

Anyway - he told me I was in perfect health and to quit worrying about those last few pounds - told me I looked perfect and to not look at the weight charts!  Told me my face was close to looking like someone who might be having health problems (didn't offend me - we are close).  I have never in my life been to the doctor without being told I needed to lose weight!  Major NSV!

He did mention have I ever thought about a breast reduction - matter of fact -yes - getting a hysterectomy & tummy tuck in December and a breast reduction/lift next year.  

This has been an awesome journey - but we have totally changed our lives - eating healthy and committed to exercise.  My weight did not fall off like so many people's - I started exercising as soon as I was released and have had to monitor every bite with MFP. Although the surgery makes life easier - it does not work without lifestyle changes.  Just my journey notes for those of you starting out!  Good luck!  Happy day here!

Gwen M.
on 11/10/14 2:47 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Super awesome!  

I went to a new orthopedist last Friday and, for the first time ever, a new doctor didn't talk to me about my weight.  And I'm still well within the obese range!  It was pretty awesome :D

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

frisco
on 11/10/14 3:05 am

That's what it's all about !!!!

Super cool !!!

Check out VSGMG at the bottom of my sigi for some great maintainers.

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

diane S.
on 11/10/14 3:19 am

hey this is so cool. i changed to a new internist about the time i reached goal and he actually monitored me for awhile to make sure I didn't lose too much weight.  A big ha ha to me - like you i never saw a doctor who didn't want me to lose weight.  i acually weigh with my shoes on when i go there. 

now begin the final frontier - maintenance.  I second Frisco on getting into the vsgmaintenace group. diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

jenn1469
on 11/10/14 5:09 am

Wow this is amazing good for you

Jennifer

butterfly3851
on 11/10/14 7:48 am - TX

Wow - the maintenance group is one I haven't looked at as I have been stuck trying to lose these last pounds.  Guess I will check it out!  My husband ha**** his goal - he's lost 150 pounds and is struggling to keep weight on and to figure out maintenance & keeping his exercising up without losing.  

Thanks!  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 87 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 301 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 348 views