One Year Out - Breaking a Stall Advice

butterfly3851
on 3/5/14 11:19 pm - TX

Okay - I know all of you vets are tired of answering the question of breaking stalls.  Yes, I've had many stalls over the last year and I just hung on and continued the same path of logging the food, getting in my protein & water, and eventually the scale would move.  My weight has been the same for about 6 weeks (up and down same 1 lb) and I've increased my exercise.  My calories seem to be up around 900 a day now.

I will admit it is harder now to stay on plan - but I'm hanging in there wanting to get this last 25-30 pounds off (all in my belly) - I've lost 72.  Weight loss has always been slow for me. I'm 55, a heart disease patient, and my blood work has never looked better.  I did get my hormones tested by the GYN and I am low in estrogen, progesterone & testosterone and may start hormone therapy (have been hesitant because of family breast cancer history). GYN said hormone therapy will not help my weight loss.  Thyroid is normal.  This surgery has changed my life and probably saved my life!  

Ok - I'm going to search for Keith's old posts - I know he has a lot on this subject.

Good luck to all of you starting out on this journey - it's awesome - but remember you have to work on your head as much as your diet!!

Tracy D.
on 3/6/14 12:58 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Keith's posts will tell you to add some healthy fats back into your diet (nuts, olive oil, avocado, etc.) and to up your water to 100 oz. a day. It works! :-) 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

frisco
on 3/6/14 1:11 am

Sorry for the bad news.......

Your going to have to cut back.....your post tells me your probably consuming more than you think.

My opinion is that adding more calories from fats and such at your stage is not a smart move. That is a maintenance move.

Increasing caloric intake from content vs. overall quantity is spot on thinking for maintenance.

Lose the weight first..... than add content......not quantity

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

butterfly3851
on 3/6/14 3:07 am - TX

Darn Frisco - I wanted to eat more fat!  Why is there not a magic button to push to make the weight disappear with no work and no effort??  

But I am upping the water today!!!  

Nikke2003
on 3/6/14 6:37 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

The red flag for me in your post is the sentence, "My calories seem to be up around 99 a day now."

Why do they "seem" to be up around 900? If you are not tracking everything you eat and drink - as well as weighing/measuring everything... I suggest starting ASAP. It's true that often times people underestimate how much they are eating. Until you find out exactly what you're taking in, then it really it is hard to know if you should cut back or not. If you're not losing and it has been six weeks, I'm guessing you are eating more than you think! 

Tracking is super important IMHO

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

butterfly3851
on 3/6/14 10:29 am - TX

I have been tracking my food - 900 cal is the average lately.  I have not been weighing and measuring my food now (just eyeballing) - so I probably am eating more calories than I think.  Time to get vigilant.

I agree - tracking food is the key to success. Thanks!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 87 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 301 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 348 views