The craziest thing I noticed

Michelle I.
on 1/22/14 7:55 am - VSG-1/6/14, CA

I am only a couple weeks post op and started cooking a week after surgery. I just got tired of seeing the family spending all that money eating out.  Now I love to cook and yes I do feel hungry and could easily eat the food, but I don't.  I am a revision that intends to let the tool work this time!  But I will say the craziest part of this for me is coming back to work and seeing how much people really eat!  LOL! 

I am stuffed with my 3-4 tablespoons and I am watching them eat so much it grosses me out! 

And then it hit me   OMG I ate like that too! 

Cassiodals
on 1/22/14 8:07 am

That is really funny!  I watch my son and husband eat and I think: "what pigs!!"  In actuality they are eating no more than I ate in my previous,life.

Michelle I.
on 1/22/14 9:22 am - VSG-1/6/14, CA

Oh my gosh!  I snorted my protein shake!  

Tracy D.
on 1/22/14 8:47 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I had the same experience!  I still marvel at how much people can eat...and what I usedto eat too. 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Michelle I.
on 1/22/14 9:24 am - VSG-1/6/14, CA

TracyD-it is crazy!  They all think I am recovering from the flu.  This explains the week off and liquids/mushies!  

stoutts
on 1/22/14 8:57 am

After my husband had his sleeve he became a food dictator. He was shocked at servings at restaurants and what he had previously eaten.

Tracey C.
on 1/22/14 9:12 am
VSG on 12/27/13

Yes.....I thought t was me just being pissed that I won't ever eat that way again but since my surgery I have noticed how much people do eat.  Also, people who make statements about how they usually eat healthy as they shovel a big piece of office b-day cake

Michelle I.
on 1/22/14 9:28 am - VSG-1/6/14, CA

Oh my gosh Tracey C!  Coworkers notice my weight loss and often say , gosh I should eat like you and they put down a full pound of cheesecake!  I politely say "yes, you should". 

Annievvho
on 1/22/14 12:33 pm - Roanoke, VA
VSG on 11/29/13

People at work see my food, and they say things like "OMG, that looks so good, but is that really all you're going to eat?" I just have to politely reply "This is plenty for me."

kellied77
on 1/22/14 9:37 pm

I'm out 9 months now and am still flabbergasted when I see portions on other plates and served at restaurants.  My doc did and awesome sleeve and I'm still not able to eat a full cup of good solid food.  I'm thrilled about it.  My perception has TOTALLY Changed!!!!  Good luck with your weight loss.  This is definitely the best decision I could make for myself.  I'm a band revision to sleeve.  No comparison!

"The things we fear are undefeatable, not by their nature, but by our approach"

VSG on April 24, 2013 / 36 years old, 5' 7"  M1:28 M2:11 M3:14 M4:6

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 396 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 426 views