I Hate Eating LOL

Jus1nita
on 11/18/13 2:53 pm - TX
VSG on 09/23/13

I never thought those words would part my pretty little lips.  LOL  But, I seriously wish I could pass on eating.  My head looks at a plate of food and says, "Yes, it's on and cracking!  But my body says, "You put more than two spoonsful of anything in your mouth and I swear I will retaliate"  LOL  I think I've been on solids for 3 weeks now, and I have tried everything possible not to feel uncomfortable after eating but eating less and chewing longer, but nothing works.  "Sleevie" hates food!  LOL

Eating solids tire me out and no matter how little I eat, I always end up feeling like a stuffed turkey.  I swear I feel like I've eaten a humongous whopping double-double hamburger with extra fries and a large shake, but when I look at the food left on my plate, I've eaten no more than 2 ozs. of fish, and half a squash ring.  I decided I will no longer attempt to anything solid... mushy food works best for me... thank you very much!  LOL  So its back to soups, cottage cheese and yogurt!  I can live with that.  [drops the mic and walks away]   LOL

rengirl1978
on 11/18/13 3:46 pm - Denver, CO
VSG on 12/18/13

Hey, whatever works for you! As long as you get your recommended protein and water and vitamins, you should be okay. If you're ever worried though, contact your doctor right away, as I am sure you already know.

Rhiannon VSG 12/18/13 ~ Mo 1 -35lbs ~ Mo 2 -15lbs ~ Mo 3 -13lbs ~ Mo 4 -8lbs ~ Mo 5 -9lbs ~ Mo 6 -6lbs ~ Mo 7 -8lbs

If we all liked the same things, what fun would life be?

TexasTerritory
on 11/18/13 5:10 pm
VSG on 07/22/13
I know your pain. I don't want to eat. I have no interest in food. I eat dense protein because it is on the plan not because I want to eat. It is rather fun. I have more time to do other things that I enjoy more than food. You are too funny!

Jus1nita
on 11/18/13 10:45 pm - TX
VSG on 09/23/13

I was eating yesterday and I broke out in hysterical laughter because I'd only just begun, and after 2 bites I felt like I'd eaten an entire Thanksgiving meal.  I was like... this is insane!   Who does that?  Who only eats two bites and gets full???  LOL  Anyway I hate food, but I love that I hate it.  Does that make sense?  

Ok, I'm off to work lovelies, y'all have a good day!  And most of all.... STAY BEAUTIFUL!!!

cappy11448
on 11/18/13 8:46 pm

This sounds familiar.  I remember how I was queasy at the thought of eating anything for the first two months, and all I could fit into my tummy was about an ounce to 1 1/2 ounces.  It got dramatically better at 7 weeks - I think the swelling went down then. 

So hang in there.  Do the best you can at getting your protein and water.  It does get better.  It may even feel normal eventually!

best wishes,

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

claimmaster
on 11/18/13 9:21 pm - OK
VSG on 07/05/13

I felt the same way when I got to the solid phase.  Then I cut back to just one meal of solid food and went back to yogurt and shakes for the rest of my meals and felt SO much better.  Then I slowly started adding in more solids as time went by.  I realized I didn't need to push the solids just because I could have them.

Jane

Starting weight: 320       Goal weight: 145      Surgery Weight: 298      Current weight: 215         Check out my blog at www.thebariatricvegan.com

Weight loss month 1-22  2-13  3-12  4-16  5-4  6-0  7-7  8-6

mdusha
on 11/18/13 11:48 pm - FL
VSG on 12/07/12

I so remember feeling like this! Eating was work and afterwards, I felt it for what seemed like forever! Capitalize on it for now, as the first six months are really the best, I think, in terms of restriction and making the most of the sleeve...though so far for me..it's still working quite handily!

Don't worry though...you will find a more comfortable relationship with eating and food down the road. This is transient. I remember it like it was yesterday though, and some days, I still have that sort of restriction and feeling.

Hang in there and enjoy the ride!

Check out my blog at www.selfimageafterweightloss.com

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 87 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 301 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 348 views