Bras? HELP

mokee
on 8/18/13 10:39 pm - OH
I have a lot of loose skin on my back right below where bra bands go. I have tried so many brands on and none of them have a wide enough band to address this issue. Even went to Dillards and had an associate measure me and she went and helped me with all kinds of styles and brands and nothing worked. My boobs are also deflated and hang like two tube socks. I need help and don't know where to go. Does anyone know if you can get custom made bras?

VSG  12-28-2012

michellemj
on 8/18/13 11:22 pm

If you have a store in your area that sells higher end bras, I'd recommend that. Dept stores and VS aren't going to cut it here. I have the same issues as you and you need to be able to try on all sorts of styles and brands. I do best with French Lingerie makers (Chantelle, Empreinte, Prima Donna are my favs) as these all have wider bands and bigger cup sizes (up to an H) to deal with our tube socks, yet small enough in the band to accomdate the fact that we are smaller. So right now I'm a 34E or 34F depending on the brand and if I had a breast lift, I'd be down to a C since there isn't just a ton of tissue there, just skin.

HW: 280; SW: 255; GW1: 150; CW: 155.

mickeymantle
on 8/19/13 1:45 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

you need to go to a foundation store not a deptment store  or victoria secret, there used to fitting those thin *****s

you need someone that is trained to fit problem breasts  , have you tried a long line bra 

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Jackie T.
on 8/19/13 1:51 am - KS
VSG on 12/19/12

I don't know how tall you are but it looks like we started at about the same weight.  I was having problems finding things that worked also and am now wearing a Vanity Fair brand (no underwire) and it seems to cover up my problem areas.  I found them at Kohl's.  I was fitted at JC Penney's.

Highest Weight: 285 SW: 264.6 CW:163.1   Surgeon's GW: 189  PCP's GW: 165-170  

My GW:  154   MFP:  jteaford                  

sarapilar
on 8/19/13 4:27 am
VSG on 02/21/13

Best fitting bras on the planet are made by Elomi.  They make the bras for the Queen of England.  I will never go back to anything else.  I am a size 34 H - very large!

"The most difficult part of changing how you live and eat is believing that change is possible. It takes a fierce kind of love for yourself."Geneen Roth

Cwuddy
on 8/19/13 1:12 pm - Ontario, Canada
VSG on 08/28/12

I have to agree with you!  I just got my first Elomi bra ever (Im a 34G) and it fits perfectly!  SO comfortable and i feel amazing in it!  I have gotten so many more compliments since I started wearing it.

I got mine from breakoutbras.com

Vicky - SW = 299   CW = 138

shrinking_sarah
on 8/19/13 2:26 pm - CA

I just bought some awesome bras that are Felina brand from a local lingerie boutique (thank you Elina!!!).  It was so comfortable that I bought 2 and seriously just ripped off the tags and wore it home from the store.  I don't know how to tell where to buy them near you, but if you can find someplace that carries them with an experienced person to fit you properly it might work for you.

Sarah, VSG Dr. Cirangle--12/28/12, HW: 265 SW: 253 GW: 130???

Connie S.
on 8/24/13 2:02 am - CA
VSG on 03/04/13
I swear by Nordstrom bra fittings. My favorite brands are Chantalle and Simone Perelle. Even at 54 I think the Elomi bras look a little too old ladyish. Let me add that I don't but balconet or push up bras at all, so it's not like I'm looking for sexy bras. I think you need someone *****ally knows how the different brands fit and will bring you lots of things to try. I have not actually had a formal fitting since beginning this process because I learned so much from previous fittings. We got started at Norstrom after seeing an Oprah episode way back in 2004 or so about getting bras that fit. I took my then 18 year old daughter to the big Nordstrom in SF and they fitted her in great looking, age appropriate 32F bras. She stooped wanting breast reduction surgery after that and has become a resource for her friends with (as she puts it) lumpy dumpy middles from saggy boobs in bad bras.

As for me, I was 38E before surgery and am now wearing 34D or DD depending on the bra. I have been able to buy the brands I love at Nordstrom Rack, but I do try a lot of different sizes to make sure I am getting the best fit.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 98 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 324 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 368 views