help!

eclares
on 8/2/13 4:46 am - savannah, ga

Hello fellow sleevers!  I  am almost 4 weeks out and haven't lost an ounce in a week!  Is this normal? Could my body be starving and isn't gonna lose anymore??  Thanks in advance!!!!

Eva Clare Christian

emelar
on 8/2/13 4:48 am - TX

Normal.  If you search under "stall," you'll see tons of threads across all the surgery boards on this subject.  Your body is adjusting.  Stay off the scale for awhile and stick to your program.

eclares
on 8/2/13 4:54 am - savannah, ga

Thanks for the info!  Yes, the scale is our worst enemy!!!

Eva Clare Christian

ltljennjenn
on 8/2/13 4:49 am

This is when we like to say STALLS SUCK!!

Just posted about mine, i'm 6 weeks out. I know it will pass but it still sucks!

ltljennjennkiss

eclares
on 8/2/13 4:55 am - savannah, ga

Good luck! What are you eating at 6 wks post op? Just curious!

Eva Clare Christian

Ihearttennis
on 8/2/13 4:52 am - LA
VSG on 04/24/13

A lot of people have a stall around three weeks.  Perfectly normal.  The vets say that when you stalll that is when you lose inches. Just stick to your plan and trust in the process. You will do great!

"Whether you believe you can or you can't ....you are right! " by Henry Ford

eclares
on 8/2/13 4:56 am - savannah, ga

Thanks for the info!! I hope I'm losing inches!!! Hate that darn scale!!!!

Eva Clare Christian

ltljennjenn
on 8/2/13 5:06 am

B- Greek Yogurt

S- 8 almonds

L- Lentils with brown rice

Unfortunately I can't do protein shakes, they make me sick, so I eat foods rich in protein.

I am trying to live by the nothing processed diet.

At this stage I think physically you can eat just about anything so it's making healthy choices that counts.

I have little bit of trouble believing a protein shake is a better option over a healthy salad..but that's just me.

Eating was not too much of my issue, it was my metabolism that is that of a rock that is more my issue so I needed a jump start.

ltljennjennkiss

CATHIE210
on 8/2/13 5:13 am

me too!! i think i messed up my metabolism going from lap band to sleeve...and the crap i did during those times before the sleeve...sleeved 06.04.2013 and lost under 20lbs LOL im laughing but im really discouraged..i mean seriously..do we have to eat 300 cals a day to lose anything? actually even on liquids i wasnt losing anything..im thinking my body did lose inches because clothes definitely fit that didnt but its only logical to think if you are taking in less calories than you were you SHOULD lose something..soooo maybe our bodies are thinking they are in starvation? i mean i am eating about 800 cals now..trying to get in the protein brings up the calories too...

sunny_disposition
on 8/2/13 5:23 am - Miami, FL
VSG on 01/28/13

300 calories is way way too low.  I find I lose most consistently when I eat 800-900 calories a day, and get around 10 glasses of water.  Every time I don't get enough water in, I stall.  Adding some water and (more?) exercise might do the trick for ya!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 87 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 300 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 347 views