3 week Stall

Drman
on 6/12/13 8:57 am - MO
VSG on 05/20/13

I am 3 weeks post-op and stalled already.  How long did your stall last?

Sleeved 5/20/13; HW 460, SW 434, Goal weight 220.  Mini goals 399 - check, 349 - check, 299 - check, 249  

mugirl
on 6/12/13 9:19 am
VSG on 03/18/13

Ahhh, the 3 week stall!!  It happened to me, too.  Mine lasted only a week.  By week 4 I was losing again.

bamaya
on 6/12/13 9:26 am - Nunica, MI
Mine was only a wk too.

HW:232, SW:217, CW 190, SD: 5/14/13

Calking
on 6/12/13 9:40 am
VSG on 05/31/12

It is practically a given at this point.  Everyone experiences a stall at three weeks post op.  This actually can be give or take one week.  You are going to go through a cycle of rapid weight loss followed by a slowing and then the stall.  Rinse and repeat.  

These are great times .... these stalls.  During this time you will find that your body will redistribute your weight and you will loose inches.  These are also great times to practice patience.  What you want to do right now is take measurements of inches at various spots and you will see at the end of the stall that some of these areas will have decreased in size.

As for length of time these vary for each individual.  I think I remember mine lasted about a week.  I think for most these seem to go anywhere from one to two weeks.

Isn’t it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do their “practice”?  -  George Carlin             

Jane B.
on 6/12/13 11:50 am - PA
VSG on 05/14/13

Ditto what everyone else said. I just started week 4 and I stalled for the entire week of week 3. BUT I did lose a pound so far this week and I've lost another 3 inches so I'll take it. It wasn't easy having patience but I knew it was temporary. Just keep to my diet and take it day by day. Don't get discouraged, I'm sure we'll all hit more stalls. :-)

on 6/12/13 12:33 pm - NE

I had a stall that lasted about a week at approximately 2 months.  I'm 6 months out this Friday, and just came off a 5 week stall!  It was one of the most frustrating times of my life!  However, two days ago, I got on the scale and was 4 pounds down!  I guess what everyone says is true; you just have to be patient and keep on doing what you've been taught. 

tigerbelle
on 6/12/13 1:47 pm - LA
VSG on 05/06/13

I was in a stall starting in week 3...I seem to just be coming out of it now at 5 weeks, but slowly...I would say my stall was 2 weeks...I will tell you the same advice most others gave me--hang in there and be patient!

ravenbrown
on 6/13/13 12:25 am - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

2 weeks.  Dropped 7 pounds in 5 days once it broke.  It's the longest stall I've had.  It varies for everyone.  Don't worry about it.  It won't be the last time you stall.  Take your measurements, you'll most likely see a difference there when the scale stops moving.

SleevieWonder
on 6/13/13 12:52 am

I had a stall at 2 weeks post-op and had no idea what it was or why I had stopped losing weight after only 20- lbs!!  It lasted about 3 weeks and that's when I found this site (thank God for all of you!!!).  Patience was the toughest part because I really thought that my sleeve was not small enough or that I had broken it... ya know... fear peeking in to say hello!  My doctor is a general surgeon and just said don't worry about it and stop weighing yourself... yeah, right!

I stalled again about 25lbs later and this one lasted about 5 weeks!!!  At least I knew it was a stall this time!  I just stick to plan and do my thing.  I try not to weigh myself every day.  I wish I understood how to take measurements so I could see if changes are happening despite the scale not moving.  The other day my husband commented that he sees the weight loss more when I'm stalled...so there is change going on!!!  Guess that's a relief!!

Stick with your plan, remember each of us is unique and has our own body and shape and rate of loss.  That is sooo difficult when nothing seems to be happening and others are posting their wonderful losses. 

Best wishes for success!!

missthingg
on 6/13/13 12:59 am - memphis, TN

I had surgery on 5-15 and I've been stalling for 2 weeks. At my lowest weight I gained 4 lbs and it goes up and down 2lbs. But the stall first started, I started working out. I've started tracking my food, water, protein and working out. I'm cutting out the salt, adding more protein and water...I'm trying to be cool, but on the inside I'm screaming lolol!! Everytime I think about this stall I work out harder. My mantra...I'm going to get this weight off of me! I'm going to get this weight off of me, but I know that my body is in shock. Healthy eating, exercise, low calories...My body is like WHAT IS GOING ON?!?!?!?

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 132 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 390 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 422 views