Adult Liquid Tylenol? Can't find- Any ideas?

butterfly3851
on 2/22/13 6:00 am - TX

I'm not able to find Adult strength Liquid Tylenol - tried Walgreen's, CVS and Walmart - guess they haven't restocked it since the Tylenol scare last year as it was not a good seller.  

Any ideas?  Surgery on Monday.  

I do have the children's liquid tylenol stocked if needed.  Doctor's office closed.

cajunlady1958
on 2/22/13 6:08 am - Broussard, LA
Revision on 12/30/15
When I had surgery the doctor discharged me with a prescription for liquid pain medicine that i picked up at my pharmacy. Sending good wishes your way for a speedy recovery.

You survived what you thought would kill you. Now straighten your crown and go forward like the Queen you are!

shajoh
on 2/22/13 6:14 am - Cleburne, TX
VSG on 11/27/12
My dr. Said to take the children's. ask your surgeon what the doseage should be. The taste of the liquids both prescription & children's was so bad that husband & I decided real quick the pain was not that bad.

Sharla

emelar
on 2/22/13 6:15 am - TX

Use the child's liquid tylenol and adjust the dosage.

Doc usually prescribes liquid lortab.  Is your doc not sending you home with prescriptions?

SeaGirl
on 2/22/13 6:34 am
VSG on 02/01/13

I had a prescription for liquid oxycodone, which I took at home for a week.   I didn't want to be on narcotics for more than a week since my surgeon said they would constipate me.   I had a bottle of children's Tylenol to use after that but never needed it.

-Cindyloo-
on 2/22/13 6:40 am

For after surgery, I also had an Rx.  But, to at home I also had liquid acetaminophen (Tylenol generic).  I found it on Amazon.  Order today and maybe it will arrive next week for after surgery and your Rx is over?

Alove188
on 2/22/13 6:42 am
VSG on 01/28/13
On February 22, 2013 at 2:40 PM Pacific Time, -Cindyloo- wrote:

For after surgery, I also had an Rx.  But, to at home I also had liquid acetaminophen (Tylenol generic).  I found it on Amazon.  Order today and maybe it will arrive next week for after surgery and your Rx is over?

I don't know if I'd buy it online.....it had to be discontinued for a reason right?

Alove188
on 2/22/13 6:41 am
VSG on 01/28/13

Liquid Tylenol or anything of the sort has been discontinued. The pharmacist told me this a month or so ago, and it doesn't look like it'll be back for a while. I asked if I can just substitute childrens, but she said you'd have to take a few doses of the tiny bottle that it wouldn't be worth it. Have you thought about trying a pill crusher?

ULA_LONG
on 2/22/13 7:20 am
VSG on 12/05/12
I bought CVS after my surgery in Dec

KnitsByMama
on 2/22/13 7:33 am - MO
VSG on 10/16/12

Tylenol Junior Meltaways. You have to take 3 if my memory serves me, but they just dissolve on your tongue. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 136 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 394 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views